Boomerang Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Yes, you bet your sweet ass it's another Appreciation Thread.

This time it's for the awesomely weird and wonderful pair of b-sides known as Boomerang I and II.

This song (especially the vocal version, II) is probably the single most Eno-equse track they've ever recorded, and you can definitely tell Eno had a heavy hand in the recording of this track. It reminds me greatly of Eno's earlier solo vocal track from albums like Tiger Mountain and Here Come the Warm Jets.

The guitar in the beginning of this song is super-funking Edgetastic bliss!

Oh yeah.

No problem, Though for now i'll only send you boomerang II. It's really only Boomerang I which is an instrumental, only longer and with kickass vocals over it! :D

Mail sent. If you don't get it let me know and I'll try again. Sometimes my email likes to give me a hard time. ;)

Excellent tracks! I've always loved Boomerang I, I think the sound of the main melody (which is sung in Boomerang II) sounds much better played on whatever is playing it (any ideas) and always thought the first verses always sounded a bit off, vocal wise :huh:

I was given the Pride double 7" by my Aunty a year ago and just love having the two tracks on their own record!

It was quite obvious my Aunt wasn't really a fan of those tracks since she told me she's a great fan of 'Pride' and the sleeve for that record is rather battered and the vinyl sounds REALLY played on side one and the Boomerang disc is practically MINT!!! Great stuff!

If anyone could send me the two MP3's (are they from the digital set? If so that'd be amazing, if not cool) I'd be really grateful, since I'd like a couple of good quality MP3s since I'd like to retire the record really :huh: and the ones I had are rather bad quality!!
okcomputer@gmail.com thanks very much in advance! :wave:

Boomerang II, that's the one Adam sings on right. Someone at another fansite said it's Adam singing lead, but might be Edge and Adam singing, until Bono comes in.

*Yes, I have now heard every member of U2 sing* Whether they're good or not is beside the point. ;)

Thank you, Miss Becky :) :)

Doesn't anyone else hear that this is the same guitar riff as on Love comes Tumbling?

:crazy: or do I officially need brain surgury?

The two Boomerangs are so cool. I can never decide which one I like best, though ...

Back
Top Bottom