Arenas that don't use TM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auchtung boy

The Fly
I wonder what will happen in places like the Bell Center in Montreal and HSBC Arena in Buffalo that don't use Ticketmaster?

Well I've just done some research, because that scared the living fuck outta me, and apparently the Bell Centre uses a system called Admission.com for online ticket sales. So us who don't live in Montreal have a way of buying online.

The thing is I have to find others who are going to Montreal who are willing to buy seats with me.

Montreal uses Admission tickets.
Admission.com.
I got tickets to the Elevation tour in Montreal with Prop.

Last edited:
There is a distinct possibility that TM will be the ticketing agency regardless of who the venue normally uses. This can be requested by the artist, and it appears that this holds true with this tour. U2 have requested to use TM as their ticketing agency for their North American Tour.

*Edit* What I really mean is the promoter has requested TM.

<<There is a distinct possibility that TM will be the ticketing agency regardless of who the venue normally uses. This can be requested by the artist, and it appears that this holds true with this tour. U2 have requested to use TM as their ticketing agency for their North American Tour.

*Edit* What I really mean is the promoter has requested TM.>>

That is actually not true for any arena that has an exclusive ticketing contract, and virtually all of them do. Arenas have ticketing contracts with a ticketing company, and using a different ticketing company would violate that contract and they would be sued by their regular ticketing provider. In addition, an arena would not want to do that anyway because they wouldn't have (in this case) Ticketmaster's ticketing software installed in their box office and thus wouldn't be able to sell tix, print will call tix, etc.

If it is a big deal that TM be used, the promoter is likely to find another venue. This is the same reason Pearl Jam used a bunch of no name venues way back when they were fighting TM - no TM venue was permitted to sell a show using a different ticketing provider. I am certain that if U2 does play at HSBC Arena, you will see the tickets sold through Tickts.com, HSBC's ticketing company.

Agreed, with your statement, however in some cases where arenas use specific ticketing agencies (such as Oakland Arena in CA who uses Tickets.com) it is true that TM can supersede for a particular artist.

From what I have heard this is the case for almost every venue that U2 is playing in North America. TM will be the ticketing agency.

<<Agreed, with your statement, however in some cases where arenas use specific ticketing agencies (such as Oakland Arena in CA who uses Tickets.com) it is true that TM can supersede for a particular artist.>>

Actually not really true - as I actually have inside knowledge of that situation. The Warriors go through TM because they have a contract with TM that is separate from the ticketing deal for all other Oakland Arena events. There is a reason no other concert at Oakland Arena has ever been sold through TM - and don't think Clear Channel, who is in bed with TM and promotes many a tour, doesn't want their shows their sold through TM - contractually they can't do it (only exception would be if they paid Tickets.com a lot of money to let TM sell the show). But I would expect that Oakland Arena will switch to TM when their contract with Tickets.com expires - I understand that Oakland Arena feels that Clear Channel gives most of the prime shows to HP Pavillion because HP uses TM...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom