Another conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
So I was up dropping off some paperwork in another department, and I hear a voice "Hey U2 girl."

You must understand that the small u2 shrine in my ofice makes it hard for me to conceal my love for the band.

Anywhoooo ... she goes on to tell me how she saw them perform at the Superbowl and really enjoyed the performance!!!
smile.gif

She said she normally doesn't listen to that kind of music, but she really liked it. She then asked how long they'd been around ... so I said they released their first album in the early eighties.

She is eager to hear more U2 music ...

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Yyyyyyeeessss...THAT'S the spirit! Convert more and more people to the good side...(insert evil laugh here).

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

That's great news! What kind of music does she usually listen to? I would say tell her to get ATYCLB first, then turn her on to the Joshua Tree, then other stuff. If she's a country or soft rock fan, I wouldn't scare her away with the electronica stuff just yet
wink.gif
If she's a rap or rockrap fan, this is a miracle! Good work and good luck, go forth into the world and spread the word!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
That's great news! What kind of music does she usually listen to? I would say tell her to get ATYCLB first, then turn her on to the Joshua Tree, then other stuff. If she's a country or soft rock fan, I wouldn't scare her away with the electronica stuff just yet
wink.gif
If she's a rap or rockrap fan, this is a miracle! Good work and good luck, go forth into the world and spread the word!
smile.gif

She usually listens to jazz ... a little R&B.

Amen to deprogramming Creed fans ... and may I add Matchbox 20 fans. I continue in my crusade to rid the world of Rob Thomas.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Amen to deprogramming Creed fans ... and may I add Matchbox 20 fans. I continue in my crusade to rid the world of Rob Thomas.

MB20 is okay as a middle of the road pop group, but Rob Thomas is highly overrated.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

Jazz, maybe you should play her Rattle and Hum, she might like When Love Comes to Town!

I don't know why so many of you seem so hard on Creed, what REALLY SUCKS is Limp Bizkit, Korn, Godsmack, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Slipnot, System of a Down, that type of crap. At least Creed is trying to play actual music with a tune, and they are admirers of U2. Matchbox 20 don't suck but they are boring as the night is long. Anyone who writes and performs their own stuff is better than the boy bands, of course.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 02-06-2002).]

Last night i showed my friend a larry pic here and this morning she was going on about ooooooooh larry is sooo cute... its a very good sign AND this other person i know i taped him a u2 tape-he likes it he wants 2 hear more yipeeeee its always good when that happens
smile.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

Anyone who writes and performs their own stuff is better than the boy bands, of course.

YES! That's how I see things too! But I still don't like Creed!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 02-06-2002).]

That's great! I'm converting someone, it's going nicely, but she is either singing the wrong lyrics to the right tune or the right lyrics to the wrong tune all of the time.
mad.gif
It's got me to the end of my rope... Give me strength. lol

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

[This message has been edited by On The Edge (edited 02-06-2002).]

Desire4Bono: I agree that those bands do suck. Korn and LB when they first came out were a novelty, something new. Well in the few years since they hit it big, they haven't evolved, they became stale.

I personally don't like Creed because of Stapp's constant "Jesus" posturing in his videos. I find them to be over exposed and over rated. I think it's either you love them or hate them bands.

Sorry for the non U2 content.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

my personal favorite is "Love Rescue Me."

good conversion song to play when your friends are down in the dumps and their resistence is weakened.

for happy drunk friends, play Mofo. they will be converted without realizing it.

Back
Top Bottom