American PLEBA girls...I`m praying for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MEMHPIS-EVE 007

The Fly
Long long tima ago,In a Galaxy far far away.
I know there`s a thread about it on EYKIW but I just wanted to mention it again:
I`m praying for you Girls...!

THis is awful...
frown.gif

Several terrorist attacks in NYC and DC. Car bombs and a crashed plane into the World Trade Center.

I'm shaking and speechless!!!!

Thanks for the prayers!

Sherry Darling

check the news AM .....we've had a terrorist attack 3 planes hi jacked, two run into the World Trde center...that has now collapsed!!!!

Probably 1000s dead and injured.....
frown.gif

now they are saying threr is a downed plane in Pittsburgh!!!!

Was just about to start a topic myself.

ARE YOU NY-GIRLS OK???

Maybe you don't live close but work somewhere nearby. It looks terrible on TV and it covers HUGE areas.
Let us know you are ok!!

Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"That's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" ~ Bono, June 11th -92, Stockholm, Globen

"The only thing louder then a U2 gig is the people who comes to a U2 gig" ~Bono

I'm devastated- I was just in NYC a few weeks ago, and now to see both twin towers destroyed is mind blowing. It was hijacked airline planes that crashed into them, so I'm sure thousands are dead. Those were the tallest buildings in the world, think how full they must have been.
frown.gif
Also, car bomb at the state dept. an explosion at the Pentagon (head of our defense dept.) A plane crashed in western PA and now I hear one has crashed near Camp David MD where the president's retreat was. Bush is in FL and is on the way back. This is beyond belief like a movie with a very bad plot. I wonder if BONO is still in NYC? I hope he's okay! I hope this doesn't scare U2 from touring here. Most of all we must feel for those hurt and dead and their families. The mayor of NY said he saw people jumping from windows of the world trade center when it blew up. This is tragic.

Oh, God that didn't even occur to me! I'm sure Bono and the boys are fine. But let's pray anyway, trust in God and in our President. I don't know if I could cope with U2 being gone...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Oh, God that didn't even occur to me! I'm sure Bono and the boys are fine. But let's pray anyway, trust in God and in our President. I don't know if I could cope with U2 being gone...

It crossed my mind. Isn't Bono?s apartment centrally located at Manhattan? Think I heard that, Ally, I think it was you who told me. I know you live somewhere central as well.

Sure hope they all turned home to Dublin after the VMA?s.....

(((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))to all!
My God, what has this nation, what has this world come to?

I was at work this morning in my cube, and this woman whose office is across from where I am, was on the phone with her husband. He was watching the newsreport on the first plane crash and then he saw the second one as it occurred. I was totally freaked out. And then the news kept getting worse and worse.

This is soo scary! And I'm very afraid for everyone involved, all the innocents in this. But even more so, I have friends and relatives. I mean, friends in NYC. My uncle works in Manhattan as do three of my cousins and unfortunately, I have NO Idea where they work in relation to the Trade Center or if, Heaven Forbid, they work in the Trade Center and my one cousin out there is preganant with her first baby.

A dear friend of mine, Kevin is out at grad school in DC. He's there for International Studies, of all things and I'm scared for him too.

My prayers are with all. At work, they sent an email saying all who felt like they should go home and be with their families or leave work were free to go. And I was nervous as this is my third week at work, but they said Tania, go! That was from the head honcho. Also, my job is located *right next* to the Rochester, NY Federal Building, so everyone's paranoid b/c copy-cat terrorism happens all the time.

God, I don't know what to say or do except to pray.

tania

Peace on Earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Hanging around

Sick of sorrow
I'm sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing
Again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies

They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

And it's already gone too far
Who said that if you go in hard
You won't get hurt

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

No whos or whys
No one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth

She never got to say goodbye
To see the color in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

They're reading names out
Over the radio
All the folks the rest of us
Won't get to know

Sean and Julia
Gareth, Ann, and Breda
Their lives are bigger than
Any big idea

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

Jesus in this song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth

Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth

This peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

Amen

tania

I'm worried about Bono too. His apt. is near Manhatten. He has been recording that charity record with all those others too. I hope he's okay. If he wasn't in the middle of it, he still may have seen it. He may have seen the towers from his apt. If anyone hears anything about Bono's whereabouts or his comments on this please post it.

Here in the DC area they've closed down the metro system they've closed the government basically they've closed schools. This is all just disgusting.

Midnight, our sons and daughters
Were cut down and taken from us
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

In the wind we hear their laughter
In the rain we see their tears
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

Night hangs like a prisoner
Stretched over black and blue
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

In the trees our sons stand naked
Through the walls our daughters cry
See their tears in the rainfall

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

US girls, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your relatives. I hope all turn out O.K. I can't say any more I'm totally lost for words.
How can human beings be so evil?
frown.gif

Oh my God.
I woke up today because my friend Kyle called me and told me the news. I laughed at him because he is always pulling my leg. Then I turned on the television...smoke and crying people, women in red suits shielding other people with their leather briefcases, firefighters in shock, the skyline changing.
I felt like I was in some bizarre Jerry Bruckheimer film. I'm in canada. I am shocked. I am in shock.
I went to class and there were a lot of people there acting like normal but we were all making eye contact today, we were all looking for recognition "Did it happen? Is this real? Do you know it? Is today a regular day?".
I just don't know what to do. I am so angry and scared. I have a physics final tommorow, I don't know, I don't know.
All you DC and NY PLEBA girls, I wish I could just pick you all up and take you somewhere far away like Australia and keep you all safe and happy. I am so worried for you all. My heart is with you, I love you all.
, Bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:
All you DC and NY PLEBA girls, I wish I could just pick you all up and take you somewhere far away like Australia and keep you all safe and happy. I am so worried for you all. My heart is with you, I love you all.
, Bluey
We should ride away on a magical kite to a leather-filled bomb shelter in Ireland....that's just me. I think every PLEBA girl is accounted for. We need to use the buddy system!

I was watching muchmusic's reports on it and even one of the vj guys was crying. I just really hate this.

Nuclearly indestructible ppl --Cher and Michael Jackson along with some parts of Britney Spears are the only survivors! ag! *feeble attempt at humor in a hard time* I hate this.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

yes blueeyes ... bundle them up and bring them here to australia! I will be waiting with arms wide open to welcome you all and give you all big hugs.
I cant even imagine what you have all been through.
I'll put the kettle on ...

take care

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom