Adam's Effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animeavalanche

The Fly
Hey E_O, I'm sure you would know, but any idea as to what effects/pedals/etc Adam uses for the 360 Tour or any of the other tours? I know he uses Aguilar amps/cabs but any idea on the rest of the stuff?

Hey E_O, I'm sure you would know, but any idea as to what effects/pedals/etc Adam uses for the 360 Tour or any of the other tours? I know he uses Aguilar amps/cabs but any idea on the rest of the stuff?

I haven't seen a list of all of what Adam may be using on this tour. His rack has been under the stage for as long as I can remember so it's not always been easy to know what he's using, bar for the occasional picture or feature in a music magazine.

That said, you can see a few of his effects in the picture below. I've not taken the time to put it under the microscope to see exactly what is there.

[The yellow pedal appears to be a Boss SD-1. The pedal next to that appears to be a Voodoo Lab pedal, perhaps a Proctavia? The pedal to the right of that appears to be a Boss GE-7 EQ. The boss pedal below that appears to be a Boss digital delay; model uncertain.] -- all unconfirmed. I wish there was a better picture.

Warwick_plusotherbassguitars.jpg

While Adam did use a Ground Control midi controller connected to a Skrydstrup R & D MR9 loop system, on Vertigo, I think he's actually using the whole Skyrstrup system now, trading out the Ground Control for a Skrydstrup SC-1.

sc1_m.gif

On the Vertigo tour Adam used:
dbx 160a Compressor/Limiter
Line 6 Bass Pod Pro
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Line 6 DM4 (Distortion Modeler)

All of that was operated by Digital Music Corp Ground Control midi controller connected to a Skrydstrup R & D MR9 loop system

adamscontrolboardis4.jpg

Interesting. Those Skrydstrup products are pretty expensive lol

Secondary question, what are all of the basses in that photo?

I see the RD, a gold Lakland, a gold sparkle (P or J?), a Warwick, and what are the other 4? They look all like Gibson/Epiphone models

Back to front:

1 - Gibson RD Artist - natural finish
2 - Lakland Darryl Jones - metallic gold vinish
3 - Fender Jazz (possiblly the Precision, it's a bit hidden) - gold sparkle finish.
4 - Gibson Les Paul Signature bass - gold finish - Used for "Mysterious Ways".
5 - Gibson Triumph Les Paul Recording bass - white - Used live for "One" earlier in 360 tour. Used a lot in the studio, "In A Little While" comes to mind.

6 - Next to that is another Gibson Headstock but I can't see the body as it's hidden a bit by the next bass...

Next bass is:
7 - Epiphone Rivoli - tobacco sunburst finish.

...and up front is:
8 - Warwick Streamer (heavily customized) - Birdseye Maple finish. Per Warwick it is a Streamer Stage II, that was a 6 string bass with a 4 string neck. He only used it one time, in Amsterdam, for Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Amsterdam-2009-07-20-SBS-LG.jpg

Amsterdam-2009-07-20-SBS-2-LG.jpg

He hasn't used the tobacco finish yet, only the regular finish. For Get On Your Boots and Mysterious Ways(Though I think that's another Warwick now).

He hasn't used the tobacco finish yet, only the regular finish. For Get On Your Boots and Mysterious Ways(Though I think that's another Warwick now).

The tobacco Rivoli was in the Boots video but not used on the 360 tour, that I've seen any evidence. (Perhaps one of the promo shows...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDNilZbZg8

The natural maple finish Rivoli was used for Boots on the 2009: 360 tour dates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjifsmP5lE

The Rivoli was set aside once Adam received the gold Warwick Star Bass II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXOMYtylkA

Star Bass II is not used for "Mysterious Ways", that is the Gibson Les Paul Signature bass (gold finish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jke3oXuKOM

Wait, since when is he using the Les Paul for MW? :scratch: I swear I've seen him use either the Rivoli or the Warwick at some of my gigs..

:lol: I love that it says the Ground Control name and then there's a sticker that says "Major Tom" under that.

This is all really cool information that I didn't know a lot about. I knew Adam used a few effects but I had no idea he used that many! He seems to be following Edge in getting some gear.:D

And I don't think the LP is getting used on Boots is it? I thought he switched that out for a Warwick on Boots, unless I'm mistaken?

Wait, since when is he using the Les Paul for MW? :scratch: I swear I've seen him use either the Rivoli or the Warwick at some of my gigs..

Not a Les Paul guitar, Les Paul Signature bass. Completely different animal.

How long? Ummmm, the whole tour? Definitely but the US 2009 dates. Check her Rose Bowl DVD.

:lol: I love that it says the Ground Control name and then there's a sticker that says "Major Tom" under that.

This is all really cool information that I didn't know a lot about. I knew Adam used a few effects but I had no idea he used that many! He seems to be following Edge in getting some gear.:D

And I don't think the LP is getting used on Boots is it? I thought he switched that out for a Warwick on Boots, unless I'm mistaken?

Boots was the Epiphone Rivoli and is now the Warwick Star Bass II.

He's only used the LP Signature for "Mysterious Ways".

I haven't seen a list of all of what Adam may be using on this tour. His rack has been under the stage for as long as I can remember so it's not always been easy to know what he's using, bar for the occasional picture or feature in a music magazine.

That said, you can see a few of his effects in the picture below. I've not taken the time to put it under the microscope to see exactly what is there.

[The yellow pedal appears to be a Boss SD-1. The pedal next to that appears to be a Voodoo Lab pedal, perhaps a Proctavia? The pedal to the right of that appears to be a Boss GE-7 EQ. The boss pedal below that appears to be a Boss digital delay; model uncertain.] -- all unconfirmed. I wish there was a better picture.

Warwick_plusotherbassguitars.jpg

While Adam did use a Ground Control midi controller connected to a Skrydstrup R & D MR9 loop system, on Vertigo, I think he's actually using the whole Skyrstrup system now, trading out the Ground Control for a Skrydstrup SC-1.

sc1_m.gif

On the Vertigo tour Adam used:
dbx 160a Compressor/Limiter
Line 6 Bass Pod Pro
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Line 6 DM4 (Distortion Modeler)

All of that was operated by Digital Music Corp Ground Control midi controller connected to a Skrydstrup R & D MR9 loop system

adamscontrolboardis4.jpg

I have not seen Adam using a foot controller on this tour. Anyone have pics of Adam using it? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom