Absolutely Amazing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beatlesboy

War Child
Chicago, IL (In the kingdom of South Suburbia!)
A group of us monitoring the updates on the net during the opener concert last night got into a discussion over how amazing technolgy has become.

He we are sitting in my buddy's living room getting the scoop on the GA line, getting the setlist AS THE SONGS ARE BEING PLAYED, viewing photos SECONDS AFTER THEY'RE TAKEN!!!

It wasn't so long ago when we dreamed of stuff like this!

It's frick'n incredible!

Think about how it'll be a few years from now!

We'll be able to hear streaming audio/video from peoples micro devices they'll sneak into the shows!

BTW I'm dying to see how long it takes the Mp3's to surface!!!:evil:

Last edited:
I agree it is absolutely amazing with this technology we are living with now.

While I wholeheartedly jumped on the mp3 leakage in Oct04 & Nov04. ... I am actually curtailing my sights & sounds preview until my concert in October. I actually still want to be visually surprised & audibly stimulated without the previews :)

Now back to surfing he net ;)

beatlesboy said:
A group of us monitoring the updates on the net during the opener concert last night got into a discussion over how amazing technolgy has become.

He we are sitting in my buddy's living room getting the scoop on the GA line, getting the setlist AS THE SONGS ARE BEING PLAYED, viewing photos SECONDS AFTER THEY'RE TAKEN!!!

It wasn't so long ago when we dreamed of stuff like this!

It's frick'n incredible!

Think about how it'll be a few years from now!

We'll be able to hear streaming audio/video from peoples micro devices they'll sneak into the shows!

BTW I'm dying to see how long it takes the Mp3's to surface!!!:evil:

The technology can also be incredibly annoying...just wait until you see the god awful blue screens of thousands and thousands of people holding up their digital phones while they snap another picture. It goes on for the entire concert.

Westport said:
The technology can also be incredibly annoying...just wait until you see the god awful blue screens of thousands and thousands of people holding up their digital phones while they snap another picture. It goes on for the entire concert.
Phones should be forbidden at these gigs! What you are pointing out really is f&%ing anoying! The 2nd most anoying thing at a rock concert... Number 1 being umbrella's at rainy outdoor shows :wink:

Number 1 being umbrella's at rainy outdoor shows :wink: [/B]

I'll take the umbrella's over the phones...these horrible devices are everywhere...even when it's raining....indoors and outdoors.

what was it like 15 years ago? Wait until the paper's write about the show, call up friends to ask them about the show ... find a taper weeks later to trade with? Wow we are spoiled

njelevation06 said:
what was it like 15 years ago? Wait until the paper's write about the show, call up friends to ask them about the show ... find a taper weeks later to trade with? Wow we are spoiled

Exactly!

And if you were over here in Chicago and didn't know anyone who was at the show, even tougher!

Oohhhh that sweet sweet internet!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom