700th time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OffAxis

Acrobat
According to elevation-tour.com, Pride was performed last night for the 700th time. 700 times playing the same song. Insane!

I must offer a correction here - that was the 700th show Pride was played at (yes, I know, the vague wording on the site needs to be cleaned up). The song itself has been played 702 times.

This number should probably be about 10 higher due to the lack of a few UF Tour setlists.

Axver said:
I must offer a correction here - that was the 700th show Pride was played at (yes, I know, the vague wording on the site needs to be cleaned up). The song itself has been played 702 times.

This number should probably be about 10 higher due to the lack of a few UF Tour setlists.

Freak!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Axver said:

It is both scary and awesome that you know that :wink: :bow:.

No need to clean it up. I don't need the exact number. I just couldn't believe it when I clicked on Pride. So if they have played it 712+ times, how many times has it been played by the band show or no show. Including all rehearsals and studio takes that must just be an ungodly number. How are they gonna get tired of playing other songs, but not this one? Insane! I guess the crowd reaction makes it worth it.

timothius said:
So Pride was played at two shows twice?

I wish they would do that now. :sad:

no, it's been played at non-concerts a couple of times -- off the top of my head, i'm guessing the Where the Streets Have No Name video shoot and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame show. . . ? :hmm:

edit: and at RDS Arena in 1986. so it should be at 703, plus the handful of missing UF setlists

Last edited:
discothequeLP said:

no, it's been played at non-concerts a couple of times -- off the top of my head, i'm guessing the Where the Streets Have No Name video shoot and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame show. . . ? :hmm:

edit: and at RDS Arena in 1986. so it should be at 703, plus the handful of missing UF setlists

No, the 702 includes all performances, not just full tour concerts.

There were two where it was played twice. One was in the US on the UF Tour, March 1985 I think, and the other on 7 August 1992 at the public Hershey rehearsal.

jrjunior31 said:
Axver, they should issue you a season's pass to every tour, you are the penultimate U2 encyclopedia...

Now there's an idea I like :drool:

I'd quite happily take the job of setlist consultant.

Back
Top Bottom