(11-17-2002) I See One Tower - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.u2.com/u2.html/

15.11.02 I See One Tower

Bono has helped launch a competition to design a Dublin tower which will include U2's new recording studio.

The landmark tower, 60m in height, will be built alongside the River Liffey in Dublin's Docklands.

The band have been in discussion with the Docklands Development Authority since last year when the Authority announced plans to redevelop land where the band's longtime recording studio at Hanover Quay is based.

Architects from Ireland and overseas will now compete for the design of a new tower to provide offices, a bar and restaurant - and two floors for the recording studio. The band will nominate one of its members ? Bono has already tipped Adam - to serve on the judging panel for the tower designs.

He told The Irish Times the most important thing was the tower should be 'very imaginative' and qualify as a 'great building'.
'The developers are right to reclaim the river. We had the Grand Canal on the front cover of our second album, so it's always been special to us.

'I spent many times walking around the area while we were recording, just contemplating things and taking time out. It's great that we can stay in the area and continue to be inspired by its mystery.'

Catch this RTE news report on the launch where Bono speaks about the new plans.
www.rte.ie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom