(11-17-2002) Canada Kinder To U2 Best-Of Than U.S - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

NEWS - Canada Kinder To U2 Best-Of Than U.S.

(11/15/02, 5 p.m. ET) -- U2's The Best Of 1990-2000 was bested by Eminem's 8 Mile soundtrack in the U.S., but the Irish quartet prevailed north of the border. The Best Of 1990-2000 is the Number One album in Canada, with first-week sales of nearly 56,000, topping the Number Two 8 Mile by more than 11,300 copies.

U2 guitarist the Edge tells LAUNCH that he sees music as a way to reach people on a deep, personal plane. "Well, I think music is special because it can express the inexpressible--it can articulate feelings and ideas that you can't really put into words, and that's why I particularly love to work with music. It's the power to connect on an emotional level and communicate feelings and atmospheres, and you can summon up a world in music, which fascinates me. You know, you can really create a location and a place. You can bring somebody to somewhere so specific."

U2 is not the only classic rock favorite in the Canadian top 10 this week: Elvis Presley's Elvis 30 #1 Hits sits at Number Five, Santana's Shaman is Number Nine, and the Rolling Stones' Forty Licks is Number 10.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Back
Top Bottom