(08-28-2007) Across The Universe Reimagines The Beatles - IGN*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Across The Universe Reimagines The Beatles

Soundtrack to new Julie Taymor film to feature the likes of Bono, Joe Cocker, and more.

Visionary film director Julie Taymor has tackled the timeless music of The Beatles in her forthcoming film Across the Universe.

The soundtrack to the film features such Beatles classics as "I Am The Walrus," "Come Together," "All You Need is Love" "Hey Jude," "Come Together," "Blackbird," "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," "All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "It Won't Be Long," "I've Just Seen A Face," "Let It Be," "Something," "Oh Darling," "Across the Universe," "Helter Skelter," "Strawberry Fields," "Happiness Is A Warm Gun," and more as performed by the likes of Bono, Joe Cocker, Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Dana Fuchs and others.

Across The Universe is a love story set against the backdrop of the 1960s. The film's creators drew their inspiration for the characters from the songs written by John Lennon & Paul McCartney, as well as by George Harrison and Ringo Starr. To wit the story follows the adventures of Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), "Dr. Robert" (Bono) and "Mr. Kite" (Eddie Izzard), just to name a few character names that have been borrowed from well known Beatles mythology.

"It was a tremendous challenge and privilege to create an original movie musical using the Beatles' songs as inspiration for the story," said Taymor.

To aid her in her musical quest Taymor enlisted the services of Academy Award-winning composer Elliot Goldenthal (Frida, Drugstore Cowboy, Interview With a Vampire) who wrote the score to the film and produced and rearranged the songs along with Grammy winner T Bone Burnett (O Brother Where Art Thou?, Walk the Line) and Teese Gohl, who has worked with Goldenthal as a music producer on more than 20 films.

While the film itself features no less than 33 interpretive recreations of Beatles classics, the accompanying soundtrack will only contain 16 songs.

Across The Universe -- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be released by Interscope Records on September 18, 2007.

http://music.ign.com/articles/815/815983p1.html

NICE mustache there, B-man. :)

Saw the advert for this on TV last night and when Bono's mug showed, I was like "what the--is that BONO???" :laugh:

Will go see this movie, even tho I gave up drugs long ago! Probably won't have quite the same effect seeing it stone cold sober, eh? :sigh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom