(06-24-2004) Starfield Joins In the Name of Love Fall Tour -- Manhunt.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Starfield Joins In the Name of Love Fall Tour

Award-winning worship pop-rock band Starfield has just completed a 20-city radio tour in the United States to promote its self-titled debut, continues to perform select summer concerts with Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns, and will join the IN THE NAME OF LOVE tour sponsored by World Vision this fall.

Hailing from Canada, where the band has already received a Juno Award nomination and won five Vibe Awards for Best Artist, Group, Song, Rock/Alternative Album, and Worship Album of the Year, Starfield hit the radio station circuit to support its first single, "Filled With Your Glory."

"After spending just a few minutes with Starfield, I felt like (they) were old buddies," said Rick Hall, music director and on-air personality at WCIC-FM in Illinois. "Their ability to rock our conference room with just acoustic guitars was simply astounding."

"I really like 'Filled With Your Glory,'" said Jeremy Bialak, program director at WIJY-FM in Indiana. "And if what they played in-studio is any indication?I'm going to love what's coming next from Starfield."

"Filled With Your Glory" is now a Top 10 hit on the national Christian Radio Weekly contemporary hit radio chart and is the second most requested song on the WAY-FM "Total Axxess" program heard on more than 50 US stations.

Elsewhere in the media, CCM magazine says the music on STARFIELD "resonates with vivid worship lyrics and melodies that recall acts like Jars of Clay, MercyMe, Delirious, and early Sonicflood."

Following summer shows with Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns, as well as performances at several major summer concert festivals, Starfield will join the World Vision IN THE NAME OF LOVE tour this fall along with Todd Agnew, BarlowGirl, and Building 429. This special tour event was sparked by the EMI/Sparrow Records HIV/AIDS benefit album, IN THE NAME OF LOVE: ARTISTS UNITED FOR AFRICA, for which Starfield recorded a cover of the U2 hit, "40."

For more Starfield information, visit the band's newly redesigned Web site, featuring journal entries, concert listings, audio samples, fun desktop wallpapers, and much more at StarfieldOnline.com .

--Manhunt.com

Back
Top Bottom