(05-20-2004) U2 On Red Rocks Compilation CD - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Coldplay, R.E.M. Grace Red Rocks Set

Coldplay, R.E.M., U2, Willie Nelson and Ben Harper are among the artists represented via live recordings on "Carved in Stone Vol. 2," recorded at the famed Red Rocks Amphitheatre outside Denver. The 10-track album will be available in the Denver area beginning June 4 and nationally on June 15. It follows the 2003 release of the first "Carved in Stone," which featured Phish, Widespread Panic and Indigo Girls.

The lone previously released cut on "Vol. 2" is U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday," which first appeared on the Irish rock quartet's 1983 live album "Under a Blood Red Sky." Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy" was captured at the late guitarist's final Red Rocks appearance in 1988, while Coldplay's "Politik" was taped in June 2003 during the group's maiden performance at the venue.

Net profits from the sale of the album will be donated to the Preserve the Rocks fund, dedicated to the ongoing rehabilitation of the Red Rocks site.

Here is the track list for "Carved in Stone Vol. 2":

"Sunday Bloody Sunday," U2
"Pride and Joy," Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Politik," Coldplay
"Break You Off," the Roots
"Screaming John," Sonia Dada
"Soulshine," Gov't Mule
"A Sorta Fairytale," Tori Amos
"Diamonds on the Inside," Ben Harper
"Beer for My Horses," Willie Nelson
"Pretty Persuasion," R.E.M.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000516036

Will this be the actual Sunday Bloody Sunday as performed at Red Rocks? If so, :hyper: as it has never been released before on CD (or vinyl for that matter). But if it's indeed the version from the live album Under A Blood Red Sky, then :sigh: as that one is widely available (and not recorded at Red Rocks at all!).

C ya!

Marty

BTW, the tracklisting looks pretty interesting. Hopefully it'll be released internationally (if it has the real Sunday Bloody Sunday from Red Rocks).

I would bet money on it that they use the one from UABRS. They figure only the most aware U2 fans would realize the error. Let's just say I'll be surprised if they get it right.

Sunday Bloody sunday...whatever version :applaud:
Sonia Dada :heart: :faint:
Stevie Ray :heart: :faint:
Willie :heart: :heart: :faint:
Ben Harper :heart:
REM, Tori, Coldplay, the other couple
and

U2

:applaud:

wonderful news

dont know yet. i tried getting it at best buy monday. it was supposedly released a few weeks ago, like june 5th...they should be getting it very soon, possibly friday. if i buy it i will post which version was used.

Oops my smistake...interpreteed something wrong...Sorry
Joy to all

Last edited:
PhoenixGNX said:
I would bet money on it that they use the one from UABRS. They figure only the most aware U2 fans would realize the error. Let's just say I'll be surprised if they get it right.

They would have to list the credits, wouldn't they? Said credits would also list where the song was recorded. It would be rather stupid for a Red Rocks CD to use a song that wasn't actually recorded at Red Rocks.

Since U2 UABRS conveniently left off the "Live At Red Rocks" part that was on the video's title, they were able to use any live recording from any show, but they listed in the credits where each song was recorded.

Just my 2?. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom