U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   what's the strangest song you've ever heard? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/whats-the-strangest-song-youve-ever-heard-96027.html)

GibsonGirl 09-08-2004 12:43 PM

what's the strangest song you've ever heard?

Forgive me if this has been asked before (I can't use the search option, heh), but what's the most obscure song you've ever heard? For me, it would be "Three Little Pigs" by Green Jelly. It's extremely odd, but rather catchy.

Salome 09-08-2004 12:49 PM

hmm, I'm gonna say "What's The Ugliest Part Of Your Body?" by Frank Zappa, but I'm sure Zappa, Aphex Twin and TISM have done stuff stranger than that

LoveTown 09-08-2004 12:50 PM

lol I love that song, the Green Day one I mean

LoveTown 09-08-2004 12:51 PM

oh and the strangest song Ive ever heard is one that's called

because I got high or something like that. I dunno who did it but it's this guy telling all these situations and then he gets high and eventually his life gets kinda shattered.....it's a weird and funny song heh

Elvis 09-08-2004 12:56 PM

some moby mix .. supposedly.. of star wars

DrTeeth 09-08-2004 01:10 PM

Los Bastardos by Primus. It has a few Young Ones samples in it! :drool:

IWasBored 09-08-2004 01:15 PM

blood for blood (boston hardcore band) covering del shannon's "runaway"

that's the most recent strange thing i've heard, but i can't remember if it's the strangest ever.

PennyPyro 09-08-2004 02:38 PM

Which reminds me, i heard a local band cover "Red Rubber Ball" by Simon and Garfunkel (and yes, that IS a S&G song! I know some other band did it too, but S&G wrote it!) Anyway, the band's sound is nothing like S&G, much more hard rock. Maybe punk. Hard for me to tell...

Anirban 09-08-2004 02:55 PM

there's only one answer to this question. "stop ou encore" by plastic bertrand. i have no idea what is going on in that song... i play a game with my friends where i make them listen to it and tell me how long it is...usually they say 5 or 6 mins but it's just 3 mins of god awful noise. a close second is the original version of "head like a hole" by devo... very strange...

HelloAngel 09-08-2004 02:59 PM

I don't know about the strangest song I've heard - probably something off of Bjork's latest album.

As far as possibly the strangest reaction I've had to a song - it was probably Ministry's "Psalm 69."

IWasBored 09-08-2004 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PennyPyro
Which reminds me, i heard a local band cover "Red Rubber Ball" by Simon and Garfunkel (and yes, that IS a S&G song! I know some other band did it too, but S&G wrote it!) Anyway, the band's sound is nothing like S&G, much more hard rock. Maybe punk. Hard for me to tell...

the cyrkle did the version everyone's familiar with.

uh...speaking of simon & garfunkel....me first and the gimme gimmes did 'i am a rock'...but that's what they do, so it's not really strange.

Cute Irish Bono 09-08-2004 03:50 PM

I love U2's Babyface but to me, that's still a weird awesome song.;) Along with great Lemon!;):)

Cute Irish Bono 09-08-2004 03:56 PM

There are more, but I can't really think now of they are, but maybe Ben Lee's awesome "In the Morning." song.

hippy 09-08-2004 04:10 PM

Pink Floyd's "Bike" left me staring at the cd player when I first heard it :huh:

TheWho4Life 09-08-2004 04:10 PM

That one that gos like this:
You and me baby ain't nothin but mammals
So let's do it like they do on the discovery channel...

I don't know what it's called.
And that one song... is it called "Blue"?