U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   The Cat Empire (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/the-cat-empire-83932.html)

Angela Harlem 11-02-2003 10:44 PM

The Cat Empire

Anyone outside Oz heard these guys? They're apparently from here even though they have this Blur element to them and the single "Hello" sounds like he is whacking on a fake Mexican accent or something.
They're catchy and totally throw-away and probably something no one would admit to liking so if you hear them and cringe, pretend I never wrote this ok?

But does anyone have a clue where I can download this song "hello"?
:wink:

Angela Harlem 11-04-2003 04:45 AM

Someone must know!
Answer me damnit!!!!!

:grumpy:

Pinball Wizard 11-04-2003 05:09 AM

what's up angie.

:hemp:

Angela Harlem 11-04-2003 09:39 AM

Heylooo Heylooo :D

Hello there P.

How goes it?

Salome 11-04-2003 09:39 AM

is this band in any way related to Ra?

Angela Harlem 11-04-2003 09:44 AM

:madspit:

mock me if you will.

you would love this for its sheer hateability.

where's cass? she would know what the heck i'm talking about :wink:

Angela Harlem 11-05-2003 05:11 AM

Cass?
Anyone?

:scream:

yertle-the-turtle 11-05-2003 05:11 AM

what's they sound like

i am intrigued by the name

Angela Harlem 11-05-2003 05:26 AM

They've been described as a few different things, not all good lol. Its not actually pop, nor hiphop, something different. I cant quite describe it. They're slowly getting more airplay here which I predict will turn into a flood too soon and ruin something potentially interesting.
JJJ play them apparently, dunno if you listen to them online at all.

AcrobatMan 11-05-2003 06:05 AM

Angela Harlem - i get that feeling when i talk about porcupine tree and no-one except bunbury understands it:wink:

Salome 11-05-2003 06:08 AM

I've heard about Porcupine Tree though

:hmm:

yertle-the-turtle 11-05-2003 06:17 AM

can't find anything on soulseek

i'm even more intrigued now

AcrobatMan 11-05-2003 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Salome
I've heard about Porcupine Tree though

:hmm:

try them.. :p its really good..

meegannie 11-05-2003 07:43 AM

It's on kazzaa, but I've been queuing (however you spell that freak word) for it for days. :mad:

cass 11-05-2003 01:07 PM

here I is:D :wave: ( been a bit hectic here lately)

Cat Empire- Yes I've been hearing them quite a bit, well the "hello" song anyway. They played at this year's Blues and Roots fest at Byron( I didn't go:(..) They impressed all and sundry at that event. Our local ABC radio station talks them up. They are a big band I think, lotsa brass and percussion . Something that has caught media attention is their age. They are young, all well under 20 I think .
I dunno , I was listening to that song the other day...at the time, the singer's attempt at an accent was bugging me....it was just a moment, it passed.
They sound like a good time crew and would be good to hear live.
Their name cracks me up...my bro-in-law once started a "chook empire"( he ended up with a "citrus empire" instead).

talking of accents, my hub and the boys were relating a recent "skithouse" skit to me. They did a send up of of Aussie women falling for guys with Irish accents. Did you see it?

I'm liking "The Beautiful Girls" another new Aussie band and "Dallas Crane". Paul Kelly has a new single out too. I heard it on the radio last night :heart:
Oi Oi Oi
:)