U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Go Active Meal...the happy meal for adults (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/go-active-meal-the-happy-meal-for-adults-82010.html)

ABEL 09-17-2003 10:31 PM

Go Active Meal...the happy meal for adults

:shifty: i'm not so sure about this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97582,00.html

Instead of Happy Meal standards like a burger and a toy, the new Go Active Meal will include a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer meant to encourage walking.

Fitness guru Bob Greene has agreed to help promote the Go Active Meal, which is being test-marketed at 150 McDonald's restaurants in Indiana.

McDonald's and other fast-food chains have tried to offer healthier fare that will still temp tastebuds as the fat and calorie content of their core products has come under scrutiny. Burger King, the No. 2 hamburger chain, planned to launch a new line of low-fat, baguette-style chicken sandwiches on Thursday.

Two weeks ago, a federal judge in New York dismissed an obesity lawsuit against McDonald's that alleged it had been hiding the health risks of eating its popular Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets. It was the second time this year that U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet threw out a class-action lawsuit that blamed McDonald's for making people fat.

Greene, who can't remember the last time he visited a McDonald's restaurant, said consumers had to take "personal responsibility" for the choices they make when it comes to consuming food. He will also consult on new menu items for the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company, which also announced a new taco version of its premium salads on Tuesday.

McDonald's has a "long, long way to go" to solidify a reputation for promoting healthy foods, said Bob Goldin, an analyst at Chicago-based food consultancy Technomic. But Goldin was willing to give the company credit for trying.

"McDonald's sees some major trends, and the company is trying to be responsive," Goldin said. "Whether these initiatives will actually move the needle (to boost sales), I don't know."

Bonochick 09-17-2003 10:33 PM

My main reason for getting a Happy Meal is for the toy.

ABEL 09-17-2003 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bonochick
My main reason for getting a Happy Meal is for the toy.
ditto :happy:

IWasBored 09-18-2003 12:00 AM

:lol:

actually i doin't know what's funnier. the exercise booklet or the fact that adults by happy meas for th toy :ohmy:

KhanadaRhodes 09-18-2003 12:13 AM

a salad? big whoop. they already SELL salads. what about those of us who just don't like salads? i don't mind eating healthy, but a salad just doesn't jump out and say yummy.

ABEL 09-18-2003 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
a salad? big whoop. they already SELL salads. what about those of us who just don't like salads? i don't mind eating healthy, but a salad just doesn't jump out and say yummy.
ooh, but this salad is different...it comes with a McExercise booklet and a McPedometer....just what i always wanted *inserts sarcasm* :rolleyes: :laugh:

shaun vox 09-18-2003 02:46 AM

will the happy meal have a viberating device for adults?

DiGi 09-18-2003 08:46 AM

i refuse to eat mcdonalds if there are any other options.

i wonder if they will market this like Red Bull sells their cans of caffine as an energy drink (sarcasm)

HeartlandGirl 09-18-2003 09:00 AM

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years now. This new meal is certainly not persuading me to go either. And the "Go Active" name is really stupid, imho. :down:

zonelistener 09-18-2003 09:05 AM

Why Indiana?

MissVelvetDress_75 09-18-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ABEL

ditto :happy:

haha i read this thread too fast and thought your response said "dildo" :laugh:

nbcrusader 09-18-2003 09:46 AM

MVD :shame:

The fitness information that comes with the meal should read "Don't eat at McDonalds".

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-18-2003 10:16 AM

LOL

That is just wrong. :down:

HeartlandGirl 09-18-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nbcrusader
The fitness information that comes with the meal should read "Don't eat at McDonalds".
:lol:

:up:

ABEL 09-18-2003 11:42 AM

now that would make for a 'happy' meal wouldn't it?

Quote:

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

haha i read this thread too fast and thought your response said "dildo" :laugh:

:ohmy: :lmao: :shame:

:sexywink: