U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Swedish minister dies after being stabbed (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/swedish-minister-dies-after-being-stabbed-81746.html)

Popmartijn 09-11-2003 05:14 AM

Swedish minister dies after being stabbed

From the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3098834.stm

Quote:

Swedish minister dies after stabbing

Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh has died in hospital from stab wounds inflicted while she was shopping in a Stockholm department store.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the first killing in Swedish history. A similar case happened in the mid-Eighties.

Quote:

Her killing stirred memories of the murder of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme, who was shot in the back as he walked home from the cinema with his son and his wife in 1986.

His murder has never been properly explained.
I also had to think about the murder last year of a Dutch politician, less than 2 weeks before elections. What is going on in this world?

:sad:

Marty

BVS 09-11-2003 08:28 AM

Re: Swedish minister dies after being stabbed

Quote:

Originally posted by Popmartijn
What is going on in this world?

:sad:

Marty

It reminds me of the quote from Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is, failure to communicate. What one man wants, he gets, I don't like it anymore than you do."

People have stopped trying to communicate. There are those that believe a car bomb will spread the word faster than a sermon, that a missile will get their point across, a gun will get them to believe the way you do. We're becoming more and more disconnected from each other. You can see it everywhere.

Laura M 09-11-2003 09:23 AM

Well said

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

People have stopped trying to communicate. There are those that believe a car bomb will spread the word faster than a sermon, that a missile will get their point across, a gun will get them to believe the way you do. We're becoming more and more disconnected from each other. You can see it everywhere.

I was reading about this online too - I dont understand why someone had to do this.

verte76 09-11-2003 09:52 AM

This is horrible, horrible.:sad: :sad: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Bunbury 09-11-2003 12:07 PM

Man, of all the places of the world, good old Sweden. This sucks.

cass 09-11-2003 03:01 PM

Condolences to her family and loved ones.
Do we know yet the motive?( maybe we never will) She had been promoting conversion to the Euro for the upcoming referendum. Surely that isn't something to incite murder.
What really upset me last night ( well one of the things) watching this news report on TV, was the footage of her with a group of her "fellow" politicians. What was wrong with this picture? She was one of only two women there, the rest were suits. Women like her are brave and struggle to reach such positions...every life is valuable, hers more so I feel.
:(
RIP beautiful girl

forbonou2 11-14-2003 09:23 AM

:mad: it's so senseless it makes me angry! What a coward, whoever it was! it did take alot of courage on her part 2 take such a public position. Really sad:( RIP

Moonlit_Angel 11-14-2003 10:48 AM

Re: Re: Swedish minister dies after being stabbed

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
It reminds me of the quote from Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is, failure to communicate. What one man wants, he gets, I don't like it anymore than you do."

Yep, I am now officially depressed. :(. It's just so horrible that our world's gotten to this point. :tsk:. What in the hell is wrong with people?

That's horrible to hear that about this girl. My condolances to her family and friends.

Angela

Tabby 11-14-2003 10:59 AM

So sad :( Just goes to show you don't need a gun to kill somebody. I heard a story on the news couple weeks ago about a guy getting beat to death with a pool cue.

Scarletwine 11-15-2003 08:09 AM

My condolences to her family and nation. So senseless. :sad: