U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   sarah mclachlan to release new album (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/sarah-mclachlan-to-release-new-album-81526.html)

Screaming Flower 09-04-2003 08:37 PM

sarah mclachlan to release new album

NEWS - Sarah McLachlan To Release New Album 09/04/2003

(9/4/03, 3 p.m. ET) -- After several years away from the public eye, Sarah McLachlan will return with an album of all new material in November. The first single from the as-of-yet untitled release is "Fallen."

Afterglow is the Canadian artist's first new studio album in six years. According to the Canadian Press, she took a break following an intense 10-year period which saw her put out five albums and produce the Lilith Fair traveling festival. She also became a mother in 2002 and lost her own mother to cancer.

"She lived the average person's life," said her manager, adding, "And as such, she didn't really start focusing on music again till a good nine months after her daughter's birth."

The 35-year-old singer last's full-fledge toured was in 1999. Her last studio release was 1997's Surfacing.

from launch.com

omg i am so excited. :drool: i :heart: :heart: :heart: her. she is just about one of my favorites of all time. :love:

mmmBono 09-04-2003 08:40 PM

:drool:
Awesome news!!
:drool:
cannot wait!! :hyper:
You should have heard this chick on Canadian Idol do Possession.
:faint:

u2popmofo 09-04-2003 08:40 PM

:up:

I just read about this a few mins ago.

I enjoyed her most recent stuff. Supposedly if you can find her new single online, I havent looked.

Seems like a lot of good albums are coming out this fall/winter.

Screaming Flower 09-04-2003 08:45 PM

here's more info from rollingstone.com:

McLachlan Sets Glowing Return

First album since 1997 due in November

Sarah McLachlan's first album of new material in six years, Afterglow, is due in stores in on November 4th. Her last studio release was 1997's Surfacing, and the live album Mirrorball followed in 1999.

"She spent twelve years of her life doing nothing but music," MacLachlan's manager, Terry McBride says. "Everyone needs to recharge their batteries at some point. It's good to step back and give the public some relief from you."

Afterglow, MacLachlan's fifth album, was produced by longtime collaborator Pierre Marchand. Its first single, "Fallen," hit radio September 1st.

McLachlan virtually retired from the music industry three years ago, after a stretch from 1997-1999 that included relentless touring in support of the multi-platinum Surfacing as well as the launch of the female-centric Lilith Fair festival tour. Then in April 2002, MacLachlan gave birth to daughter India.

She began a tentative return to live performance on June 21st, performing at the Concert for Toronto SARS benefit, only her second major live appearance since 1999.

MacLachlan's offbeat update of Harry Chapin Carpenter's "Cat's in the Cradle," which she recorded with Run-DMC's Darryl McDaniels earlier this summer, won't show up on Afterglow, even though it has received some airplay. But the track will be on McDaniels' long-awaited solo debut, Checks, Thugs and Rock 'N Roll. The pair were first introduced at a pre-Grammy party four years ago.

McBride says it's not likely McLachlan will revive Lilith Fair, but she will begin a string of solo promotional performances in early October and will mount an extensive amphitheater tour beginning next summer.

GIL KAUFMAN
(September 4, 2003)

:hyper:

bonosloveslave 09-04-2003 08:46 PM

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO :hyper:

MissVelvetDress_75 09-04-2003 08:55 PM

it has been since 1997 since her last release? wow!!!!!!!

senrab 09-04-2003 10:58 PM

I heard Fallen on the radio a few nights ago; I like it. :yes:

Michael Griffiths 09-04-2003 11:16 PM

Thanks for the good news, Screaming Flower! Sarah is also from Vancouver, and I knew her album was pretty much done for a while now, but I didn't know it was finally going to be released. Very cool :up:

I have a very funny Sarah story that I told on Interference a while ago. I don't know if anyone here remembers it. I might rehash it if anyone cares, though it's embarrassing, LOL.

senrab 09-05-2003 09:25 AM

If it's not too embarrassing for you, do tell. lol

HelloAngel 09-05-2003 10:24 AM

I cannot WAIT for her tour!! :hyper:

womanfish 09-05-2003 10:47 AM

I just heard Fallen too. Damn I love her. :)

flaming june 09-05-2003 10:51 AM

Yay! :up:

HeadsOnSticks 09-05-2003 11:23 AM

:up:

celia 09-05-2003 11:41 AM

7 years! Glad shes back! :up:

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-05-2003 12:10 PM

I must see her tour this time. :hyper: