U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Inside Broadcast (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Status (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f235/status-81322.html)

fly on the wall 08-29-2003 10:38 PM

Status

Get rid of em.

From early on, we think we need to obtain a specific status in the community. Some will do anything to gain that status. I think we would all agree we wouldn't have as many problems in this world if "status" wasn't in our vocab or in our minds...all equal beings.

Same here at Interference. I see so many people posting to gain a "status" - but what for? What does this status give you? A discount on the premium membership? the automatic love and admiration of everyone who posts at Interference.com? a new car?

So, I would suggest breaking down barriers....and getting rid of the status in the username profile.

~zonelistener

Bonochick 08-29-2003 10:42 PM

The statuses here are fun. I don't think it's that big of a deal...just an extra U2-ey touch.

fly on the wall 08-29-2003 10:43 PM

But people believe they should have specific ones for some reason. That is not fun.

mellyinsf 08-29-2003 11:30 PM

I'm not sure the "status" thing really means anything. Most people just post (excuse my language..) Crap, just for the posting. I've been reading this site for a long time now, I'm still a babyface. who really looks at the status anyway, well then again do you all?

Sicy 08-29-2003 11:51 PM

Every single message board on the planet has status's.

If you're talking about custom status, I dont see it as big a deal as it once was back in the day.

Any other gripes while you're here? :p

Angela Harlem 08-30-2003 12:04 AM

So its upping the post count for the sake of it or the reaching of an actual Interference status? I agree there is a fine line between them at times.

Elvis 08-30-2003 03:32 AM

Status' aren't the problem.

Pinball Wizard 08-30-2003 03:53 AM

Indeed.

mellyinsf 08-30-2003 11:36 AM

what is the problem then?

Sicy 08-30-2003 02:17 PM

People who whine :wink:

:wave: :kiss:

Popmartijn 08-30-2003 03:35 PM

Hello,

I agree that it is a non-issue. In a way status says nothing. Only this week I began posting in a thread just for posting reasons. It's fun while it lasts, but it doesn't say anything. As Bonochick said, a status is just an extra U2-ey touch. When people do want to put extra value to it, then I think it's more of a problem for that person than it is for the status-status (if that last word makes sense :)).

C ya!

Marty

FizzingWhizzbees 08-31-2003 08:09 AM

I think the status things are fun. Everyone knows it's not like you're suddenly a cooler person if your status says "Acrobat" instead of "The Fly" or something. It's just a bit of fun. And as Sicy said, almost every message board you visit has a status system -- it's just another little unique factor in each message board. So I say keep the statuses, if for no other reason than I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to spell statuses. :reject:

*Fizz.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 08-31-2003 09:47 AM

lol Fizz! :hug: :)

Popmartijn 08-31-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
I think the status things are fun. Everyone knows it's not like you're suddenly a cooler person if your status says "Acrobat" instead of "The Fly" or something. It's just a bit of fun. And as Sicy said, almost every message board you visit has a status system -- it's just another little unique factor in each message board. So I say keep the statuses, if for no other reason than I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to spell statuses. :reject:

*Fizz.

I still mourn the day I didn't have the Acrobat status anymore... :sad:
Is it possible to go back to a status? :)

C ya!

Marty

Laura M 08-31-2003 11:19 AM

If someone posts and posts to get a status they will lose it if they continue posting........ I really doubt anyone here posts to get a certain status

am I making sense? Probably not