U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   GranDaddy (merged) (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/grandaddy-merged-80125.html)

u2popmofo 04-06-2003 10:54 PM

Grandaddy

I dont know if any of you have heard them or are fans, I've never heard anyone else mention them here.

Anyways, they are a fantastic band who's music is often related to sounding like Radiohead meets Pavement. Really great stuff. Their last album: The Software Slump got absolutely fantastic reviews. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Radiohead.

I've heard the newest single (Now It's On) off of the upcoming album (Sumday). It's fantastic. I really recommend this band.

Songs to check out:

Hewlett's Daughter
The Crystal Lake
Chartsengrafs
Broken Household Appliance National Forest

HeadsOnSticks 04-06-2003 11:04 PM

:yes:

u2popmofo 04-06-2003 11:05 PM

I'm pretty sure Sumday is coming out the same day as Hail To the Thief, June 10th.

HeadsOnSticks 04-06-2003 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by u2popmofo
I'm pretty sure Sumday is coming out the same day as Hail To the Thief, June 10th.

:hyper:

IWasBored 04-07-2003 12:42 AM

:up: i'll check 'em out

SkeeK 04-07-2003 12:59 AM

yeah these guys are pretty cool

DiGi 04-07-2003 09:34 AM

i had never heard of them until i saw they are opening for Pete Yorn. Downloaded some stuff a few weeks ago and I really like them

meegannie 04-07-2003 09:45 AM

:wave:

jkayet 04-07-2003 12:09 PM

yep, like them. :)

i think they might be at glasto... :hyper:

Angel 04-07-2003 12:13 PM

:up: Cool band. Saw them two years ago open for Coldplay.

SkeeK 04-08-2003 07:01 PM

this is pissin me off cause there's a lot of versions of Now It's On on Kazaa but there all just the first 30 seconds looped over and over. and the first 30 seconds is one of those 30 seconds that really really makes me not want to stop listening. blaaaagh. where'd you hear it mofo?

typhoon 04-08-2003 09:28 PM

All I've heard of them is their cover of "Revolution" on the I Am Sam soundtrack. Wow, they really sucked all the energy out of it.

I think I'll seek out some of their originals, though, before making a judgment.

ThatGuy 04-08-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by typhoon
All I've heard of them is their cover of "Revolution" on the I Am Sam soundtrack. Wow, they really sucked all the energy out of it.

I think I'll seek out some of their originals, though, before making a judgment.

I LOVED The Sophtware Slump, but I HATED Grandaddy's version of Revolution. I recommend d/l'ing:

He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot
The Crystal Lake
Underneath the Weeping Willow
Broken Household Appliance National Forest

u2popmofo 04-09-2003 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SkeeK
this is pissin me off cause there's a lot of versions of Now It's On on Kazaa but there all just the first 30 seconds looped over and over. and the first 30 seconds is one of those 30 seconds that really really makes me not want to stop listening. blaaaagh. where'd you hear it mofo?
Skeek, I got it off a program called "SoulSeek". I was having the exact same problem on Kazaa, so I gave up. It's a cool song.

About their cover of Revolution. I like it, but I dont love it. You all definitly need to check out their personal work. Covers are just that, covers of other peoples work. I never personally find covers all that interesting.

yertle-the-turtle 04-09-2003 05:22 AM

Soulseek is good :up:

Except that it takes forever to do a search for me. Once it's done however...wow!

I've got the Crystal Lake coming up, as soon as I finish downloading something else.