U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Beyonce (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/beyonce-77148.html)

HelloAngel 05-16-2003 02:15 PM

Beyonce

So Miss Destiny's Child has a solo album coming out, and is supposedly engaged to Jay-Z. What do you all think of her? Is she really the multi-talented superstar the media makes her out to be? Is she really that sexy?

Thoughts, anyone?

LarryMullen's POPAngel 05-16-2003 02:16 PM

:yawn:

u2popmofo 05-16-2003 02:17 PM

I thought her "solo" song for Austin Powers was terrible.

I wish people would stick with their groups. I cant imagine anything she does solo being better or considerably different from her stuff with Destiny's Child.

yertle-the-turtle 05-16-2003 02:18 PM

I don't think you can handle this

seriously that was the first thing that came to mind when i saw the thread title.

don't like her music, but i suppose there's an audience for it somewhere that likes it.

HelloAngel 05-16-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by u2popmofo
I thought her "solo" song for Austin Powers was terrible.

I wish people would stick with their groups. I cant imagine anything she does solo being better or considerably different from her stuff with Destiny's Child.

Exactly! Honestly, I find her to be kinda tone deaf, her writing leaves alot to be desired and she bores me. I realize I might not listen to R&B much, but I don't see why she gets alot of hype. :shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 05-16-2003 02:33 PM

she is a very pretty girl.

Popmartijn 05-16-2003 02:54 PM

Hmm,

I thought that Work It Out was quite alright. Different from what R&B artists regularly release. I've heard that her solo album will be more soul oriented (as in real soul music, not R&B), I'm curious how it will turn out.

Of course, she's no match to Michelle Williams. You may have Beyonce, Michelle is mine. :p

C ya!

Marty (also member of the Destiny's Child fanclub)

DrTeeth 05-16-2003 03:08 PM

I like her singing and her appearance :sexywink:

On the other hand, I really hate the way some of these succesfull 'young adults' [/Young Ones reference] are controlled by the parents, especially by their mothers. I believe Beyoncé might be one of those people, just like the Williams sisters (tennis), Tiger Woods etc. Grow up! :angry:

MissVelvetDress_75 05-16-2003 03:10 PM

daddy knowles has a big say so in her career.

Johnny Swallow 05-16-2003 03:17 PM

She is the hottest black woman alive. And she's my age, which makes her even hotter.

HelloAngel 05-16-2003 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow
She is the hottest black woman alive.

Mmm.. most likely the hottest famous black woman.

elevatedmole 05-16-2003 05:22 PM

Beyonce's gorgeous, but I don't think she has writing skills. I like her voice, but I would never buy an album.

Flying FuManchu 05-16-2003 09:37 PM

Beyonce is hot!!!

I like some of Destiny's Child's stuff... and her duet with Jay Z is the shiznit. Wow... getting married to Jay-Z... :sad:

bayernfc 05-16-2003 10:30 PM

She MAYBE pretty...... but talented? as big as the media made her to be.... I don't think so..... although I'm not one of "only college radio" types, but there's a limit to everything......as 'yertle-the-turtle' suggested hey i guess there's an audience for everything, let her make sales for now and then disappear to the background like the rest!:D

gherman 05-16-2003 11:09 PM

She writes the song's for DC so she does have 'some' talent