U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Evanescence (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/evanescence-75171.html)

bonosloveslave 04-04-2003 10:56 AM

Evanescence

So I know a few people have heard My Immortal and Bring Me to Life from the Daredevil soundtrack - anyone picked up their cd yet?

I really liked Bring Me to Life so I picked it up, and I actually really like the whole album. I have never been into a band like this, their lyrics and feel of the music is so heavy and melancholy, but I am really drawn to it.

From what I know, they are Christians but do not want to be labeled as a Christian band. Trying to make some of the songs make sense with that perspective, any thoughts (or comments on the band/cd in general)?

Johnny Swallow 04-04-2003 01:32 PM

They're from Little Rock so I hear so I'm supposed to like them by default. I'm not really into them though. Mmmm, Default.

u2popmofo 04-04-2003 03:05 PM

One of my friends bought their album when it came out. It's not bad.

My only gripe is that for the most part they're just Linkin Park with a female singer.

u2er 04-04-2003 09:29 PM

they're good.. my friend has the cd and I really like my immortal :up: bring me to life is too overplayed and I got tired of it.. but it's still a good song

IWasBored 04-06-2003 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by u2popmofo
One of my friends bought their album when it came out. It's not bad.

My only gripe is that for the most part they're just Linkin Park with a female singer.

i heard some song the other day. that's exactly what i thought, that it sounded mostly like linkin park with female vocals

SkeeK 04-06-2003 10:32 PM

but female singers rock.

i personally don't like the name that much.

i heard their song on the radio this one time and it was pretty cool

beegee 04-08-2003 07:36 PM

at my job, i am the one who orders the cds for our branch's catalog.

thanks to my browsing interference, our branch of the LVCCLD will soon carry evanescence's "fallen" cd. we will also carry "sing the sorrow" by AFI, "remote part" by idlewild, and "fado em mim" by mariza (heard of her through salome's journal, which by the way, sucks balls.) so...the people in my little town will now have a more diverse musical selection at their local library thanks to you guys.

The_Sweetest_Thing 04-09-2003 08:03 AM

I just heard them for the first time last night. Well, I heard Bring Me to Life, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe I should look into getting more of their stuff...

edited to say: if they didn't have the rapper in it, i would like it even more. Her voice is nice, the music is good, but the rap gets a bit tiring...

HelloAngel 04-09-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bonosgirl84
at my job, i am the one who orders the cds for our branch's catalog.

thanks to my browsing interference, our branch of the LVCCLD will soon carry evanescence's "fallen" cd. we will also carry "sing the sorrow" by AFI, "remote part" by idlewild, and "fado em mim" by mariza (heard of her through salome's journal, which by the way, sucks balls.) so...the people in my little town will now have a more diverse musical selection at their local library thanks to you guys.

Right on!!!! :wave:

u2popmofo 04-09-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
edited to say: if they didn't have the rapper in it, i would like it even more. Her voice is nice, the music is good, but the rap gets a bit tiring...
I totally agree with you on that Sweetest Thing

theSoulfulMofo 04-10-2003 01:21 AM

:shifty: FYI, Evanescence is on Wind Up records, which happens to be owned by Mr. Scott Stapp of *****.... :ohmy: :macdevil:

bonosloveslave 04-10-2003 12:05 PM

The 'rapper' guy on 'Bring Me to Life' is just doing guest vocals - he has his own band, 12 Stones - that is the only song he is on on this cd.

~fairy_girl~ 04-11-2003 04:58 PM

i love this band... have downloaded their songs off kazaa as am waiting for CD from amazon.

their stuff is cool :)

Elvis Presley 04-17-2003 12:52 PM

Evanescence Set Pulled From Christian Distribution
Provident Music Distribution, the Christian distribution arm of Zomba, says it will no longer handle Wind-Up Records act Evanescence for the Christian retail market, Billboard Bulletin reports. The move follows published reports in which the band used profanity and made clear that it does not want to be known as a Christian act.

Don Noes, senior VP of Provident -- which had been distributing Evanescence's debut album, "Fallen" -- has issued a letter to its accounts saying Wind-Up has recalled the band's product from Christian retail. Noes tells accounts they can return Evanescence product for full credit.

Evanescence member Ben Moody was quoted recently in Entertainment Weekly as saying, "We're actually high on the Christian charts, and I'm like, What the f*** are we even doing there?"

"Fallen" is No. 1 on this week's Top Contemporary Christian Albums chart and No. 9 on The Billboard 200, while the single "Bring Me To Life" featuring Paul McCoy is No. 2 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks airplay chart. Material by Evanescence will be removed from subsequent Christian charts.

In a letter to Provident, Wind-Up chairman/CEO Alan Meltzer apologizes for "an unfortunate and embarrassing situation" and vows that in the future, the label will scrutinize "Christian artists' beliefs and commitment with even greater diligence."
-- Deborah Evans Price, Nashville

The_Sweetest_Thing 04-29-2003 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bonosloveslave
The 'rapper' guy on 'Bring Me to Life' is just doing guest vocals - he has his own band, 12 Stones - that is the only song he is on on this cd.
Really? So there's no rap on the rest of the cd?

I :heart: that girl's voice...