U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Hillary Supports the President! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/hillary-supports-the-president-73307.html)

Dreadsox 03-03-2003 06:32 PM

Hillary Supports the President!

HILLARY HAWKS UP WAR TALK

By DEBORAH ORIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 3, 2003 -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton "fully supports" President Bush's Iraq policy, her office said last night - on the eve of her visit today to an upstate arsenal that makes military hardware like mortars and howitzers for U.S. troops.
"Sen. Clinton fully supports the steps the president has taken to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction," said Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines.

That puts Clinton (D-N.Y.) squarely at odds with a majority in her own party, where one recent poll found an Iraq attack is opposed by 66 percent of "core Democrats."

The statement comes after months where Clinton - who voted for an Iraq attack last fall - has low-keyed her support and sharply criticized aspects of Bush's security policy, sparking speculation she was trying to have it both ways.

A month ago, she sent a letter to Secretary of State Colin Powell charging that the Bush administration wasn't sharing enough intelligence to support the work of U.N. weapons inspectors.

"If we are truly serious about supporting the U.N. inspections, we should increase our intelligence support to the inspectors," said the letter.

nbcrusader 03-03-2003 06:50 PM

Wow! Right thinking democrats! Who would of thought??? :sexywink:

waiting for Melon response

bonosloveslave 03-03-2003 06:54 PM

I am in shock :shocked:

diamond 03-03-2003 06:59 PM

Im not shocked.
Typical Clintonan move.

Calculate and wait.
No principles, will turn on their polictical base at anytime to suit their own polictical agenda.

DB9

melon 03-03-2003 07:07 PM

Oh please. First off, get your heads out of the sand. There are many Democrats who support the war on Iraq, and, if anything, the Clinton era showed how centrist they were amongst Democrats. Not all Democrats are as out there as Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), but the conservative media would certainly like you to believe that they all are.

And diamond, your last statement fits the Republican Party as well, so please, if you're just going to contribute stereotypes and inflammatory statements, then don't contribute at all.

Melon

diamond 03-03-2003 07:12 PM

moi?
what about you..?
:)
according to you..Bush always panders to his base.
Now was Bush pandering to Trent when he proposed the 15 billion to Africa?:huh:

thank u-
Db9:angry:

melon 03-03-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamond
moi?
what about you..?

Yes...the "I am rubber and you are glue" tactic. Not gonna work this time. :angry:

:sexywink:

Melon

melon 03-03-2003 07:17 PM

Quote:

A proposal and actually going through with it are two different things. If he does go through with it--without terrible restrictions--then he will get some credit from me.

Melon

diamond 03-03-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

moi?
what about you..?
Your "Bob Jones Mantra"
Tiresome so very tiresome rhectoric, Melon my boy..
Let us know.

thank u-

diamond 03-03-2003 07:21 PM

Melon
I doubt Dread is serious..
Diamond

melon 03-03-2003 07:23 PM

Speaking to Bob Jones University and the Christian Coalition says loads about his character, mein diamond. Not only is Bob Jones University racist, but it is homophobic, anti-Semitic, and anti-Catholic. Please tell me why I shouldn't hate him for speaking there?

Melon

verte76 03-03-2003 07:30 PM

This is strange, to say the least.

diamond 03-03-2003 07:53 PM

no verte.
its typical.
it really is.

diamond

U2Bama 03-03-2003 08:47 PM

You should not "hate" anyone.

~U2Alabama

melon 03-03-2003 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U2Bama
You should not "hate" anyone.
Tell that to all the "good Christians" who initiated and voted for "Defense of Marriage" acts and/or oppose anti-gay discrimination legislation.

I grow tired of being "tolerant" in a clearly "intolerant" society. What goes around comes around.

Melon