U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Xmas Crap (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/xmas-crap-69404.html)

pub crawler 12-08-2002 11:33 PM

Xmas Crap

Random Observations:

The Charlie Brown Christmas Special...... the way the Peanuts' gang dances always cracks me up. I actually was in a bar one time listening to a jazz band and they played the Vince Guaraldi composition entitled "Linus and Lucy" -- you know, the classic Peanuts tune... and people started doing the Peanuts dance. It was funny and cool.

Do you know that in Madison, WI people keep their Xmas lights up well into January? Swear to god. I was visiting relatives their in the early 90's and it was January 8 and many people -- and commercial properties --- still had their Christmas lights up.

In Cali, you take yer lights down on January 1. Period.

Sicy 12-08-2002 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pub crawler
Not always. :shame:

____
:wave: ask daafish why he still hasnt taken his lights down since last year

ABEL 12-08-2002 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sicy

Not always. :shame:

____
:wave: ask daafish why he still hasnt taken his lights down since last year

:lol:

Giant Lemon 12-08-2002 11:53 PM

Re: Xmas Crap

Quote:

Do you know that in Madison, WI people keep their Xmas lights up well into January? Swear to god. I was visiting relatives their in the early 90's and it was January 8 and many people -- and commercial properties --- still had their Christmas lights up.
I don't think that's unique to Madison- I'm from the Chicago area, and there are plenty of people who have their lights up after the new year. I don't think it's a regional tradition or anything- probably just laziness. :D

cell 12-09-2002 12:47 AM

if my mom had it her way, the christmas lights would stay up all friggen year long.

KhanadaRhodes 12-09-2002 01:08 AM

we tend to keep up our lights past new year's as well.

bammo2 12-09-2002 07:23 AM

as far as I knew, it was tradition (at least in Britain.....) to take down your christmas decorations on twelth night - january 6th. Take them down any later and it's bad luck (if you're superstitious!)

So in Britain they come down on Jan 6th.

Laura M 12-09-2002 09:23 AM

Yeh we take our lights down on the 6th Jan

meegannie 12-09-2002 09:31 AM

I knew a friend's family in high school who kept them up until February. They said it was a Catholic thing. :shifty:

Laura M 12-09-2002 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by meegannie
They said it was a Catholic thing. :shifty:
We should do that! Then I could have fairy lights for an extra month!

MissVelvetDress_75 12-09-2002 11:14 AM

i missed Charlie Brown last night!!!!! :sad:

oh well. my parents take their lights down by Jan 6. the tree is usually in the dumpster on the 26th because we are highly allergic to the pine. :|

Screaming Flower 12-09-2002 12:07 PM

Quote:

The Charlie Brown Christmas Special...... the way the Peanuts' gang dances always cracks me up. I actually was in a bar one time listening to a jazz band and they played the Vince Guaraldi composition entitled "Linus and Lucy" -- you know, the classic Peanuts tune... and people started doing the Peanuts dance. It was funny and cool.
that really cracked me up. :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

midwesterners are weird. winter also really blows here so we need something to keep us going. although i usually take mine down shortly after the first of the year. i :heart: lights. :drool:

dizzy 12-09-2002 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
oh well. my parents take their lights down by Jan 6.
That's what my mom used to do too...or on the 7th, because the 6th is supposed to be Happy Three Kings Day. :der:

nbcrusader 12-09-2002 12:41 PM

Re: Xmas Crap

Quote:

A few years ago, I was president of a home owners association. People actually wanted strict rules about taking down Christmas lights. :madspit: to them.

My daughter refers to the Charlie Brown Christmas special as "Ho Ho Ho" I love to watch her dance like the Peanuts characters. :yes:

MissVelvetDress_75 12-09-2002 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dizzy

That's what my mom used to do too...or on the 7th, because the 6th is supposed to be Happy Three Kings Day. :der:

yep that is why they do it.