U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Everything You Know Is Wrong (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/)
-   -   No Line On The Horizon: the most underrated album? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/no-line-on-the-horizon-the-most-underrated-album-220866.html)

BVS 04-19-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto (Post 8155994)

Could Fit Either: White As Snow



What a truly bizarre statement.

womanfish 04-19-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto (Post 8155994)
There should have just been two albums. An atmospheric one led by Brian Eno/Lanois and HTDAAB 2.0

Brian Eno LP: No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Fez-Being Born, Cedars of Lebanon

HTDAAB 2.0: Get On Your Boots, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Stand Up Comedy, Breathe, Winter

Could Fit Either: White As Snow


I think if they just would have done - No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Fez-Being Born, Cedars of Lebanon, Breathe, Winter, White as Snow

You throw Mercy on there and you have a complete, cohesive, really solid album.

Wow, actually looking at that again, it would have pretty much blown away ATYCLB and HTDAAB in my opinion.

Headache in a Suitcase 04-19-2017 08:09 AM

The Joshua Tree would have been so much more cohesive if only they had included Mercy.

womanfish 04-19-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase (Post 8156071)
The Joshua Tree would have been so much more cohesive if only they had included Mercy.

LOL. Hey, I'm not a HUGE Mercy fan. I just was trying to think of a known song around that time period that would have fit the mold for the album.
I'm sure they had 20 other songs in the works from that period that would have been better than the dreaded 3 that shit on that album.

Extra15 04-19-2017 09:34 AM

Mercy is like an album consultant. The type of dude sent by corporate to boost workflow synergy for a week. Then leaves.

trevgreg 04-19-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanfish (Post 8156070)
You throw Mercy on there and you have a complete, cohesive, really solid album.

Mercy or otherwise, throwing actual good songs on an album will usually make it a pretty solid one.

womanfish 04-19-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevgreg (Post 8156088)
Mercy or otherwise, throwing actual good songs on an album will usually make it a pretty solid one.

Well, good songs were already there. Just needed to leave off the trash.

Hollow Island 04-19-2017 12:10 PM

drop the middle three, add Soon and the original version of Winter and you have a very solid, cohesive album. Mercy would have been just as ill-fitting as the three hitz, and it's not that much better than those songs either

womanfish 04-19-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollow Island (Post 8156137)
drop the middle three, add Soon and the original version of Winter and you have a very solid, cohesive album. Mercy would have been just as ill-fitting as the three hitz, and it's not that much better than those songs either

Eh, yeah, I'm not a fan of Soon, but does fit the NLOTH "feel" much better.
And after going back and listening to Mercy. Damn. It bothers me that i don't like it more. I want to like it, and it does have some great bones. But The lyrics don't do much for me.
That's a song that could use some tweaking by some of their fancy producers. It just needs to be tightened up and focused.
Anyway, I think the core of NLOTH is really quality. You would think in 5 years they could have arrived at a much better finished product.

lazarus 04-19-2017 12:47 PM

"You wanted violins/and you got Nero" is one of the best lines Bono ever wrote, full stop.

As far as it needing tightening up and focusing, you could say the same thing about Bad, and you'd be wrong there too.

Headache in a Suitcase 04-19-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanfish (Post 8156143)
Eh, yeah, I'm not a fan of Soon, but does fit the NLOTH "feel" much better.
And after going back and listening to Mercy. Damn. It bothers me that i don't like it more. I want to like it, and it does have some great bones. But The lyrics don't do much for me.
That's a song that could use some tweaking by some of their fancy producers. It just needs to be tightened up and focused.
Anyway, I think the core of NLOTH is really quality. You would think in 5 years they could have arrived at a much better finished product.

there's no need to try and like mercy, nor feel bad about not liking it.

come to the dark side. it's nicer here.

http://www.uf2.com/mercy.jpg

Extra15 04-19-2017 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus (Post 8156145)
"You wanted violins/and you got Nero" is one of the best lines Bono ever wrote, full stop.

As far as it needing tightening up and focusing, you could say the same thing about Bad, and you'd be wrong there too.



Mercy's lyrics are so good they have an entire university devoted to studying it. While revitalizing the inner city.

Attachment 11182

Hewson 04-19-2017 01:48 PM

You'll be here all week.
Try the veal.
Tip your waitresses.

corianderstem 04-19-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanfish (Post 8156093)
Just needed to leave off the trash.

What about Trampoline and the Party Girl?

kabigon 04-19-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 8156161)
What about Trampoline and the Party Girl?

They can't see or be seen.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com