U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-part-xi-220243.html)

Diemen 07-23-2016 07:44 PM

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

Continue. :)

iron yuppie 07-23-2016 08:28 PM

From the last thread, from Irvine:

Quote:

Kaine makes plenty of sense. And Hillary as a one-termer is certainly a real possibility, so long as the GOP can find someone other than Cruz.
This is the issue in my mind: the choice of Kaine pushes the Clinton ticket even further to the center, which is evidence that she's not reacting against Trump's extremism but rather conceding something to it on the off chance that Kaine brings in a few suburban white men on the fence.

No one will give him credit for it, I'm sure, but Deep was right in that Trump seems to have created this pick. You can call it practical all you like, but it seems more like a gutless pick to me than anything else.

diamond 07-23-2016 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemen (Post 8086948)
Continue. :)

Despite some of the less than charitable comments offered by a few: I have unconditional compassion for
#haters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVKVJjc6Ww

Irvine511 07-23-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8086952)
From the last thread, from Irvine:

This is the issue in my mind: the choice of Kaine pushes the Clinton ticket even further to the center, which is evidence that she's not reacting against Trump's extremism but rather conceding something to it on the off chance that Kaine brings in a few suburban white men on the fence.

No one will give him credit for it, I'm sure, but Deep was right in that Trump seems to have created this pick. You can call it practical all you like, but it seems more like a gutless pick to me than anything else.

So?

I don't get what the issue is here. Who would be a "courageous" pic, and how would that be better? By this metric, Biden seems gutless and Palin seems courageous.

Diemen 07-23-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond (Post 8086957)
Despite some of the less charity comments

Yes, like the "simpletons" comment from you. I have little patience for your trolling. Don't push it.

diamond 07-23-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemen (Post 8086961)
Yes, like the "simpletons" comment from you. I have little patience for your trolling. Don't push it.

oops

:hug:

iron yuppie 07-23-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8086959)
So?

I don't get what the issue is here. Who would be a "courageous" pic, and how would that be better? By this metric, Biden seems gutless and Palin seems courageous.

Do you want to see the Democratic Party move farther to the left or farther to the center? If the latter, that's fine; it's your call. But if it's the former, I find it really hard to see how this pick helps the cause.

Just a few weeks ago, people were wondering why the hell Tim Kaine would ever be on the ticket, and now all of a sudden he's a great choice. What changed in that time exactly?

And bringing up Palin is a red herring. She was wildly unqualified and an obvious desperation move, whereas there are plenty of other capable, progressive Democrats who might have filled out this ticket.

Irvine511 07-23-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron yuppie (Post 8086963)
Do you want to see the Democratic Party move farther to the left or farther to the center? If the latter, that's fine; it's your call. But if it's the former, I find it really hard to see how this pick helps the cause.

Just a few weeks ago, people were wondering why the hell Tim Kaine would ever be on the ticket, and now all of a sudden he's a great choice. What changed in that time exactly?

And bringing up Palin is a red herring. She was wildly unqualified and an obvious desperation move, whereas there are plenty of other capable, progressive Democrats who might have filled out this ticket.

Nothing will do more to advance progressive issues than the defeat in Donald Trump in the fall.

It's as simple as that.

If anything has changed its that Trump isn't competing for the center. It makes sense for a campaign interested in winning to capitalize on that. All this was clarified with last week's convention.

Further, many people became familiar with Kaines record and autobiography today, and were impressed with his speech (and evident mastery of Spanish). There was also the point brought up that other seemingly more progressive choices would have resulted in GOP governors picking replacements. And if you believe in progressive causes you will want the Democrats to give themselves the best possible opportunity to win back the Senate in the fall.

Lastly, as has been noted, no one votes for the VP. They don't make any difference, right? People only vote for the top of the ticket. So why waste a progressive as VP when they could be doing more good in the Senate?

Diemen 07-23-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8086964)
Nothing will do more to advance progressive issues than the defeat in Donald Trump in the fall.

It's as simple as that.

This is it for me, too.

It could also be summed up in two other words: Supreme Court.

Oregoropa 07-24-2016 01:41 AM

Those Sanders folks won't be too clingy to HRC after Kaine and the DNC wikileaks dump.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

LemonMelon 07-24-2016 02:10 AM

Coming from a Bernie Bro, I neither trust nor like Hillary, but I'd rather crush my hand in a car door than vote for Trump.

Mike fucking Pence. Lol. Those two should walk out in matching No Fat Chicks shirts for the debates and get it over with.

Vlad n U 2 07-24-2016 03:38 AM

Mike Pence is a fascinating case of a man with no evident lips.

Headache in a Suitcase 07-24-2016 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregoropa (Post 8086974)
Those Sanders folks won't be too clingy to HRC after Kaine and the DNC wikileaks dump.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You mean the email about the article that came out a month after Bernie had already gotten crushed in NY, was essentially eliminated, but was staying around being a cranky pants about the whole thing?

OMG rigged! Trump and BigMac were right!!!

Give me a break.

cobl04 07-24-2016 07:32 AM

Come on man, you can't pretend it's not a story.

Headache in a Suitcase 07-24-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobl04 (Post 8086984)
Come on man, you can't pretend it's not a story.

Be definition, yes. It's a story.