U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/shuttlecock-xiii-super-deluxe-edition-with-t-shirt-220152.html)

Axver 05-13-2016 10:17 AM

Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt
 
This thread will cost you $140.

It's exclusive to B&C and you can't use a promo code on it.

elevated_u2_fan 05-13-2016 10:24 AM

Do I get a usb lightbulb??

prbiker15 05-13-2016 10:47 AM

Not gonna lie, the Super Deluxe Box looks really cool. But I'm probably going to get the Deluxe DVD.

Axver 05-13-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan (Post 8070155)
Do I get a usb lightbulb??

That's an extra $30. I had to bribe somebody to keep Cobbler away from making threads. Got to cover costs somehow, you know?

lazarus 05-13-2016 11:17 AM

So, I Will Follow makes the cut instead of Electric Co. when the symbol of the show is...a lightbulb. And the two side stage songs are Mysterious Ways and Elevation.

Sigh.

At least they finally put Bad on one of these, and had the decency to include some choice alternate tracks on the bonus supplements, and that all the EODM/Patti Smith stuff is here. Big props for giving us The Wanderer and The Troubles, though it's a bit of ripping off the scab on the latter not being played more.

Hoping that some diehard makes an extended remix fusing these into one longer set.

Anyway, the design of the super deluxe whatever is pretty damned cool. Weird that they don't have separate Blu-ray and DVD versions, since every other combo of the other packages seems to be represented. The good news is that you could conceivable sell off the Blu-ray or the DVD on eBay (depending on which player you have) and recoup a little of the cost.

Would be nice to see all the little extra physical things more clearly to see what you're getting. But as I said, this is a package that's generously put together for fans.

lazarus 05-13-2016 02:52 PM

Just realized that the stuff outside the actual DVD is an extra $100. That's a lot.

Popmartijn 05-13-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus (Post 8070159)
So, I Will Follow makes the cut instead of Electric Co. when the symbol of the show is...a lightbulb. And the two side stage songs are Mysterious Ways and Elevation.

The Electric Co. wasn't played that night. Looking at the tracklist, it seems to still be the complete final show of the tour. Which would be a first for U2, releasing a complete show as the main feature.

gump 05-13-2016 04:47 PM

Any idea which version of The Troubles made it to the DVD? Or whether it's a live version at all?

u2popmofo 05-13-2016 06:04 PM

I wish music DVDs / BluRay would include MP3 downloads. Some band needs to start this.

Regardless, I look forward to getting this, I really enjoyed the HBO special.

Danny Boy 05-13-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 8070229)
I wish music DVDs / BluRay would include MP3 downloads. Some band needs to start this.


That will be next year's fan club "gift" so you can pay another $50 for something you already have.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

u2popmofo 05-13-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Boy (Post 8070230)
That will be next year's fan club "gift" so you can pay another $50 for something you already have.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

At least it's not more pictures no one wants!

djerdap 05-13-2016 07:35 PM

Love the fact they're putting stuff like The Fly on the tracklist like it was a song actually played live. That's not at all misleading.

lazarus 05-13-2016 07:48 PM

They prob just put that there to remind Peef.

Axver 05-13-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djerdap (Post 8070234)
Love the fact they're putting stuff like The Fly on the tracklist like it was a song actually played live. That's not at all misleading.

Nothing beats the Rattle and Hum video tracklist for being misleading. Gloria given a separate listing, really? Asterisked as one of the nine songs not on the LP? When it's not even a snippet of the U2 song most fans would expect it to be?

BVS 05-13-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 8070236)
Nothing beats the Rattle and Hum video tracklist for being misleading. Gloria given a separate listing, really? Asterisked as one of the nine songs not on the LP? When it's not even a snippet of the U2 song most fans would expect it to be?


That always bugged me when I first bought the vhs.

But yeah, U2 has always done that; PopMart had Pop Musik and Lemon listed.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com