U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-vii-220077.html)

Oregoropa 03-28-2016 04:23 PM

2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

Ben Carson Awakens

Mack_Again 03-28-2016 04:25 PM

I saw his footages from 80s and he was certainly more awake.

Oregoropa 03-28-2016 04:26 PM

2016 US Presidential Thread - VII

Ehhh. I goofed up the nomenclature by not including 'Election' in Title. Feel free to ignore and start fresh or carry-on. My Polish GOP brain hath failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

DaveC 03-28-2016 05:49 PM

We already have an Obama thread.

:shifty:

Carrying on from the last thread, trojanchick's post about wackjobs wanting to open-carry in the RNC: http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post8059100

Can you imagine how amazing a contested convention would have been if this had been allowed? Wow, what a spectacle :drool: alas...

LuckyNumber7 03-28-2016 05:57 PM

I wish they would've allowed it. That would've been fantastic.

trojanchick99 03-28-2016 06:16 PM

Rnc 2016 thunderdome!

Hewson 03-28-2016 06:45 PM

So let me see if I understand this...

Sanders this weekend beat Clinton in all 3 states,
82%-18% in Alaska, 70%-30% in Hawai'i and 73%-27% in Washington, yet the majority of the Super delegates from those 3 states have pledged to Hillary.

Yeah, politicians work for the people...sure.

BigMacPhisto 03-28-2016 06:51 PM

Sanders update!

Clinton is at 108% of the delegates she needs to be on track to win the majority of pledged delegates.

Sander is at 92% of the delegates he needs to be on track to win the majority of pledged delegates.

Thanks to his blowout wins this Saturday, Sanders is now only 93 delegates behind the pace he needs to ultimately capture the nomination and there's well over 2,000 delegates still to come. God only knows how big the uproar will be if Sanders ends up winning the hearts of the voters and ends up losing the nomination because a couple hundred party big-wigs feel they should get to choose the next President. It would absolutely break my heart to see the Democratic party ignore the voters which would lead to...

1) Wasting everyone's time and money since the voters had no actual say in who got to be their nominee.

2) Disenfranchising younger and independent voters that could have been with the party for decades in order to please older voters that will mostly be gone from this planet in about fifteen years.

3) Choosing a candidate that consistently performs far, far worse in head-to-head match-ups with the potential Republican nominees, both in state and national polling. Why on earth would they want to usurp the voters and go with a proven weaker candidate with the highest negative rating this cycle (other than Trump) is beyond me...

Until then, Sanders still has a tough uphill climb, particularly with Pennsylvania and New York, so it's quite the longshot. But at this point, we'd all bee foolish to count him out.

trojanchick99 03-28-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewson (Post 8059148)
So let me see if I understand this...

Sanders this weekend beat Clinton in all 3 states,
82%-18% in Alaska, 70%-30% in Hawai'i and 73%-27% in Washington, yet the majority of the Super delegates from those 3 states have pledged to Hillary.

Yeah, politicians work for the people...sure.

The way we elect our president is completely fucked up in every way. The primary system is ridiculous, and don't even get me started on the electoral college.

BVS 03-28-2016 07:43 PM

The Secret Service just did the GOP a huge favor. That would have been the death of the misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment as a foundational pier of their platform.

The government just saved the village of idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

trojanchick99 03-28-2016 08:59 PM

So Donald Trump is Sanjaya?

http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephan...paign-defector

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Axver 03-28-2016 09:25 PM

So Australia's biggest political troll just endorsed the US's biggest political troll: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...er-mark-latham

For those of you who aren't Kieran or Cobbler, probably the lowest of Latham's many low moments is when he derided Rosie Batty, a woman who came to prominence after she harnessed her grief at her ex murdering her son to become a domestic violence campaigner. So he's in good company with Rapin' Donald.

Kieran McConville 03-28-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 8059195)
So Australia's biggest political troll just endorsed the US's biggest political troll: Donald Trump wins backing of former Australian Labor leader Mark Latham | US news | The Guardian

For those of you who aren't Kieran or Cobbler, probably the lowest of Latham's many low moments is when he derided Rosie Batty, a woman who came to prominence after she harnessed her grief at her ex murdering her son to become a domestic violence campaigner. So he's in good company with Rapin' Donald.

Every time you think you've hit rock bottom with Mark Latham, the floor drops away once more. There is no bottom.

Vlad n U 2 03-28-2016 09:37 PM

Translated into a US context, this is like the equivalent of John Kerry (vaguely, insert any losing Democrat nominee for President) deciding that every Democrat candidate is awful and endorsing one of the more extreme Republicans. This is probably not a great comparison, as Latham is not a politician anymore, but I hope it helps to understand just how ridiculous this is.

Mack_Again 03-28-2016 09:53 PM

Ok I'll imagine him as Michael Dukakis or Strom Thurmond. i know they're completely different people but i don't give a shit anyways.