U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-part-vi-220036.html)

Diemen 03-02-2016 08:01 AM

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

All hail our Imperial Master Trump!

I mean... continue. :wink:

Irvine511 03-02-2016 08:22 AM

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether Trump will consume the captive GOP establishment or merely enslave them. But, one thing is for certain: there is no stopping him; he will soon be the nominee. And I, for one, welcome our new Imperial overlord. I'd like to remind them as a trusted FYM contributor, I can be helpful in rounding up others to build a wall along the US/Mexico border.

Salome 03-02-2016 08:24 AM

I think the Mexicans might build the wall themselves to prevent gross stupidity from entering their country.

elevated_u2_fan 03-02-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8054430)
It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether Trump will consume the captive GOP establishment or merely enslave them. But, one thing is for certain: there is no stopping him; he will soon be the nominee. And I, for one, welcome our new Imperial overlord. I'd like to remind them as a trusted FYM contributor, I can be helpful in rounding up others to build a wall along the US/Mexico border.

:up:

without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for Americans to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

deep 03-02-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 8054430)

The people of Virginia spoke very loudly last night. They went to the polls in record numbers. Virginia is a true microcosm of the U S electorate. That is what I have been hearing lately. :shrug:

Diemen 03-02-2016 09:37 AM

I really needed this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v75wCTMZoSY

PhilsFan 03-02-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan (Post 8054434)
:up:

without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for Americans to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Look, no one is moving to Canada, even if Trump wins. Because then we'd have to deal with Norm Kelly.

elevated_u2_fan 03-02-2016 09:57 AM

better hurry up before the wall is built

Irvine511 03-02-2016 10:22 AM

so, two big stories for me from last night:

1. excellent set up for Clinton. she's much, much better when she has something to lose or is even a bit behind. when she's in front she's not as good. she's much better when the stakes seem high. Sanders' continued viability is not only good for the country, but good for her. she needs the competition. and he's doing a great job keeping the base (and the bros) engaged in the election while giving voice to major issues that could be overlooked. i expect a barn berning speech at the DNC convention in support of HRC.

2. the failure of Rubio. i had thought that he was going to become the anti-Trump, and that the establishment's estimation of him -- young, attractive, non-threatening ethnic, generally good on his feet, excellent ability to memorize and repurpose empty soundbytes -- was going to appeal to the party. but it turns out that the old, white, angry GOP base doesn't seem to like young, smooth-talkin' Hispanics. i guess i shouldn't be surprised.

DaveC 03-02-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilsFan (Post 8054443)
Look, no one is moving to Canada, even if Trump wins. Because then we'd have to deal with Norm Kelly.

...do you even know who Norm Kelly is?

ntalwar 03-02-2016 10:56 AM

I can't see (swing state) Virginia going Red again after being a Blue state in 2008/12.
Trump got trounced in the swing counties of Northern Va. by Rubio by about 40-25%. He has almost zero chance in the general there.

Mrs. Garrison 03-02-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salome (Post 8054431)
I think the Mexicans might build the wall themselves to prevent gross stupidity from entering their country.

:laugh:

Headache in a Suitcase 03-02-2016 11:14 AM

The best hope for the Dems, and frankly the country, is that the huge number of Republicans in the anti-Trump crowd, which makes up over 60%, stay home during the general.

If they stay home, Trump gets destroyed.

If they show up and throw their support behind him, he might actually win. Which is an incredibly frightening thought.

Mack_Again 03-02-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salome (Post 8054431)

suddenly that sounds like a great idea.

PhilsFan 03-02-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveC (Post 8054452)
...do you even know who Norm Kelly is?

I'm familiar with his Twitter presence as the old white Canadian guy who thinks he's hip, my understanding beyond that is that he works in the Toronto city government.