U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Obama General Discussion, vol. 4 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/obama-general-discussion-vol-4-a-213838.html)

yolland 04-18-2012 03:57 PM

Obama General Discussion, vol. 4
 
Continue...

deep 04-18-2012 04:01 PM

this just in

picture of Obama the dog eater

BVS 04-18-2012 04:46 PM

That story reads like it came straight from the Onion.

BVS 04-18-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7502687)
Let me get this straight, you mean you'd rather continue this war and then give these crooks $2billion per year minimum after we pull out?

You don't do nuance?

corianderstem 04-18-2012 04:53 PM

From the last thread:

Quote:

Daily Caller blogger Jim Treacher commented, "Say what you want about Romney, but at least he only put a dog on the roof of his car, not the roof of his mouth."
LOLZ. It's hilarious when people from other, poorer countries have different sources of animal protein, AMIRITE???

BVS 04-18-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 7503136)
LOLZ. It's hilarious when people from other, poorer countries have different sources of animal protein, AMIRITE???

They're unamerican heathens!

BVS 04-18-2012 06:03 PM

I've actually seen a few people on facebook post something about "I bet the lamestream media won't say a thing about Obama eating dog meat".

Really?

Of course they won't. It's not news. No matter how bad media may be today they aren't fucking morons. Step outside of the United States, or at least pick up a book that isn't Trickle Down Tyranny, it will do you some good.

My apologies but these are supposed educated people, and I just can't take this ignorance anymore.

Irvine511 04-18-2012 06:10 PM

Eating dogs?

Seems the only thing as bad as bein' a Muslin is bein' a Chinaman.

yolland 04-18-2012 06:14 PM

Eh, I thought it was pretty funny. We're talking bumper-slogan wars here, this isn't heavily loaded stuff.

In my limited experience, Indonesians tend to regard dog-eating as somewhere between an indulgence and a vice (Islam, like Judaism, forbids it since dogs are deemed ritually impure). But in general, East and Southeast Asians have traditionally eaten dog meat not because they're poor, but because (so I'm assured) it tastes good and they've historically held neither religious taboos nor (as we do) ethical taboos against it. They don't really have anything like the tradition Westerners generally do of perceiving dogs as belonging to a special "companions" category such that eating them evokes revulsion.

corianderstem 04-18-2012 06:17 PM

My distaste (har har) was based on knowing that some would take a fairly innocuous joke and turn it into actual disgust/suspicion at other cultures and just another dumbass reason to hate Obama. And considering what BVS saw people saying, I guess that wasn't too far off the mark!

I hesitated adding "poor" to my comment, because I honestly wasn't sure if it that was a factor. Should have gone with my first instinct.

Diemen 04-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison

Let me get this straight, you mean you'd rather continue this war and then give these crooks $2billion per year minimum after we pull out?

Nope, not even close. I just happen to think this situation isn't as black and white as you're making it. I also happen to think that if the USA is a responsible citizen of this world it would recognize that if we wage war in another nation, disrupting the lives of its citizens (to put it mildly), it would be irresponsible and dangerous to our national security and standing (especially among those who already distrust us) if we were to up and leave without recognizing or offering some recompense for the collateral damage and disruption done.

Irvine511 04-18-2012 08:33 PM

If you'd like to attack Tehran, go ahead and vote for Romney. He'll also lower taxes to pay for it.

Mrs. Garrison 04-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemen (Post 7503240)
Nope, not even close. I just happen to think this situation isn't as black and white as you're making it. I also happen to think that if the USA is a responsible citizen of this world it would recognize that if we wage war in another nation, disrupting the lives of its citizens (to put it mildly), it would be irresponsible and dangerous to our national security and standing (especially among those who already distrust us) if we were to up and leave without recognizing or offering some recompense for the collateral damage and disruption done.

Fair enough, this is not a black and white situation. But again, its not like we just "invaded" Afghanistan for no reason. You know as well as i do that despite 10 years of war the US govt has spent a great deal of resources in trying to rebuild what little infrastructure they have. For instance, we are building and rebuilding schools, why i have no idea (know anyone who wants to go there and teach?) Must we really spend $5 million building a school that will get blown up a month later by the Taliban?

This country is TRILLIONS in debt. This war should have ended long ago. Troops are getting killed for no good reason, because someone accidentally burned a koran, or because they are just....there. Our own troops are overwhelmingly serving very honorably. But the few bad apples....guys urinating on dead Afghans, killing animals, and YES losing their minds and going on murderous rampages in villages killing women and children....this is a big problem. This commander in chief has to be a better leader....something in which he has failed to do...aside from killing Bin Laden. Instead he wants to cut Defense spending while raising taxes and pay for massive health care. Its pretty clear this President has a problem with the military when he had to fire one of his highest ranking supporters in Gen McChrystal for speaking out against him, to Rolling Stone of all people. WTF?

Im sorry, but "they hate us" is not a good enough reason for anymore American troops to die over there. And its not a good enough reason for them to attack us abroad or at home, any longer. If they continue to do so, we have every right to retaliate, but im against conventional boots on the ground. Its past time to bring the troops home, i agree with Ron Paul on this one, get our troops out of there. And we don't owe the Afghans shit. If they didn't want us over there they should have dealt with the Taliban menace in the first place.

Irvine511 04-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison (Post 7503658)
This commander in chief has to be a better leader....something in which he has failed to do...aside from killing Bin Laden. Instead he wants to cut Defense spending while raising taxes and pay for massive health care. Its pretty clear this President has a problem with the military when he had to fire one of his highest ranking supporters in Gen McChrystal for speaking out against him, to Rolling Stone of all people. WTF?



wait.

who got us OUT of Iraq? who wants to leave Afghanistan and who wants to stay indefinitely? who wants to cut taxes and raise military spending? who wants to attack Iran?

and when you say "raising taxes" you really mean "let the Bush tax cuts expire" and we'd return to 1990s Clinton-era tax rates. that's why we are TRILLIONS in debt -- we have a revenue problem.

you just complained about spending money on Afghans for school, why do you have problems paying in some way for health care? i mean it's HEALTH CARE! every last industrialized nation in the world has universal health care except for us.

INDY500 04-19-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 7503675)
every last industrialized nation in the world has universal health care except for us.

Checked the debt/GDP ratio of "every last industrialized nation in the world" lately?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com