U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Wild Nothing (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/wild-nothing-211676.html)

bono_212 07-17-2011 03:17 AM

Wild Nothing

I keep forgetting that I never started a thread for these guys. It seems silly to name the thread after their debut album now, so let's just make it a general discussion thread.

Just saw them live for the first time today. Aside from an (all kidding aside) rather unengaging lead singer (hey, at least he admitted he doesn't like talking), their performance was absolutely solid. His unwillingness to talk made for an awkward moment when, right before their last number, the BASS player's string broke and they had to "quickly" replace it.

They also played a new song today, which sounded fucking ace. And hey, I may not like the song as much as everyone else, but "Chinatown" actually got a response from the crowd, which was pleasant, because there really didn't seem to be many people there who knew who they were.

I came home and listened to the EP that came out last year as well, Golden Haze, and it's just another batch of completely solid tunes. I am so damn excited about and for this band, I hope that they can make more ground as they grow and that I get an opportunity to see them live again at some point. Hopefully down the road the lead singer will become a bit better of a lead.

Oh, and a few songs for those who haven't heard anything yet:

‪Wild Nothing - Gemini - Chinatown‬‏ - YouTube

‪Bored Games - Wild Nothing‬‏ - YouTube

‪Wild Nothing - Gemini - Drifter‬‏ - YouTube

Please please please, give their debut, Gemini a listen.

cobl04 07-17-2011 03:20 AM

I liked quite a few of the tunes... the beat in Bored Games reminds me a lot of the one in Swimming in the Flood.

bono_212 07-17-2011 03:25 AM

They played Bored Games tonight! I was getting nervous they wouldn't because they played it like two or three from the end. Didn't play "Drifter" though, which was a shame, as I think it would've sounded wonderful live, plus is one of my favorite songs...ever. I seriously almost cry every damn time I hear that song because it's just so pretty.

Oh man, and "Summer Holiday" was so much better live, the crowd really got into the "oooh ooooh" part of the chorus. Which, again, was nice.

u2popmofo 07-17-2011 10:45 AM

Chinatown was definitely one of my favorite songs of last year. This fan made video (with scenes from a movie I'm unfamiliar with) is quite well done.

‪Wild Nothing - Chinatown‬‏ - YouTube

u2popmofo 08-10-2011 06:08 PM

So they're decent live then? They're the opener for one of the free shows tomorrow, I'm planning on going.

bono_212 08-10-2011 07:40 PM

If you care about crowd interaction, they're worse than Interpol, but otherwise? Yeah, the songs sounded GREAT live. If anyone there knows who they are, then "Summer Holiday" will be a highlight, definitely.

u2popmofo 08-10-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 7321138)
If you care about crowd interaction, they're worse than Interpol, but otherwise? Yeah, the songs sounded GREAT live. If anyone there knows who they are, then "Summer Holiday" will be a highlight, definitely.

I'll make sure to bring a magazine then.

bono_212 08-10-2011 10:36 PM

Always be prepared.

bono_212 08-29-2011 07:50 PM

You know what song I'm liking A LOT right now? "Confirmation". That intro is just killer for me.

u2popmofo 08-30-2011 09:35 PM

I failed to mention that for some reason I was super tired after work and too lazy to the go to the the show earlier this month when I was talking about it here.

I was immediately mad at myself the next day for missing it.

bono_212 08-30-2011 09:37 PM

I'm immediately mad at you now, I was wondering where your review of it was :(.

u2popmofo 08-30-2011 09:38 PM

Here's the review:

I'm an idiot who misses free shows to bands I like because of laziness.

bono_212 08-30-2011 09:39 PM

Here's my response:

I hate you for the next five minutes.

u2popmofo 01-27-2012 12:58 PM

Listen: New Wild Nothing: "Nowhere" | News | Pitchfork

bono_212 01-27-2012 08:27 PM

:panic: the second I get home.