U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Obama General Discussion, vol. 3 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/obama-general-discussion-vol-3-a-210448.html)

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2011 09:29 AM

The secret service guy goes to grab the phone- I guess it could be rigged as a bomb or something

YouTube - ‪Obama takes girls phone in Dublin‬‏

coolian2 05-27-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 7218711)
The secret service guy goes to grab the phone- I guess it could be rigged as a bomb or something

YouTube - ‪Obama takes girls phone in Dublin‬‏

woah, hello non-story

MrsSpringsteen 05-27-2011 09:34 AM

I just thought it was cute :shrug:

coolian2 05-27-2011 09:39 AM

oh sorry, i assumed someone made a big deal of it

kramwest1 05-27-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 7218711)

Woah, those guys are serious! But, I understand.

Is Obama not charming as hell? :heart:

Earnie Shavers 05-27-2011 10:30 AM

I really hope the person on the other end didn't believe it was him and told him to go away, I'm watching tv, or something, only to see the footage later.

Earnie Shavers 05-27-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramwest1 (Post 7218767)
Woah, those guys are serious! But, I understand.

The other day, a couple of hours after I’d managed to just randomly/casually wander up close enough to his car to easily lean over and wack his window (if my sense of humour was closely tied to a death wish) I was in a cab back from a meeting, and on the radio they were talking about how his motorcade had just come to an unheard of complete stop (A COMPLETE STOP! THE HORROR!) in a traffic snarl in South London. I don’t know who the guy was, or what his authority on the subject was, but he had an American accent so he must know - anyway - he was saying with said authority that Obama is considered by the Secret Service to be something of a nightmare. His 'rules' are very different to previous Presidents (hence how he managed to get caught in traffic in the first place, a very different 'overseas' policy of low impact 'flash' traffic blocking or something) and he is in general very lax/spontaneous compared to previous Presidents, and it gives them endless grief.

financeguy 06-02-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

The US president’s part in the College Green victims of colonialism pageant was galling

ONLY A fine line separates a great orator from a flimflam merchant. And much as I admire the man, Barack Obama proved the point with his speech the other week at College Green, Dublin.

So patronising was he that halfway through I found myself wondering what kind of brief his two Irish-American speech-writers had been given: “Let’s just tell these people whatever they want to hear?”

Obama's waffle feeds Irish taste for fantasy - The Irish Times - Thu, Jun 02, 2011

Irvine511 06-02-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by financeguy (Post 7225339)

i miss studying post-colonialism. it's so interesting.

mobvok 06-02-2011 11:25 PM

Anyone know if Obama has yet stated a constitutional justification for attacking Libya?

Irvine511 06-03-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobvok (Post 7226113)
Anyone know if Obama has yet stated a constitutional justification for attacking Libya?

we owe the UK. big time.

mobvok 06-03-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 7226417)
we owe the UK. big time.

:lol:
Link
Quote:

WH Calls Libya Resolutions Unhelpful, Unnecessary
AP

The White House says congressional resolutions that would rebuke President Barack Obama over the conflict in Libya are "unnecessary and unhelpful."

Spokesman Josh Earnest says Obama consulted with lawmakers before ordering air strikes against Moammar Gadhafi's forces in March in an operation now run by NATO.

Earnest says because of that ongoing consultation, the administration believes it has acted in accordance with the War Powers Act, despite ignoring a deadline under the law to seek Congress' formal sign-off for the military action.

The House is likely to pass a resolution later Friday opposing U.S. ground forces in Libya and demanding specifics on the operation and its costs. A separate resolution to end U.S. involvement was expected to fail.

Earnest spoke to reporters traveling with Obama en route to Ohio.
It would have been such a hassle to have the vote, anyways. Centralizing power in the Executive branch is......streamlining!

kramwest1 06-03-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobvok (Post 7226567)
It would have been such a hassle to have the vote, anyways. Centralizing power in the Executive branch is......streamlining!

We need to run government like a business!

:huh:

Canadiens1131 06-03-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobvok (Post 7226567)
:lol:
Link

You can thank Bush, Cheney, and AG Alberto Gonzales for the precedent :up:

Once Executive powers or "extraordinary measures" are granted, they are rarely ever reformed.

INDY500 06-03-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

The White House downplayed a disappointing May jobs report Friday that showed unemployment inched up to 9.1 percent, with President Obama’s chief economist Austan Goolsbee calling the latest number one of the “bumps on the road to recovery.”
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/C...0603030147.jpg