U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Obama General Discussion, vol. 3 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/obama-general-discussion-vol-3-a-210448.html)

Irvine511 06-21-2011 09:45 PM

it's awful when the justice department stands up to protect the reproductive rights of poor women.

clearly, America's problem is too much regulation.

maycocksean 06-22-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7248040)
That would be President Obama's Justice Dept. Also intervening in Arizona's efforts to enforce immigration laws the fed's won't. Obama's EPA hellbent to punish Texas for daring to challenge that agency's usurpation of the legislative branch in making laws. Obama's LRB telling an American company where it can build its own plant. Obama's FTC going after "Big Oil."

Barack the Moderate. LOL

Would you mind federal involvement in restricting abortion or gay marriage?

Isn't it more honest to say that you don't like the WAY Obama's government intervenes in "state affairs"? rather than that you oppose Big Government in general?

PhilsFan 06-22-2011 09:28 AM

Barack isn't moderate on one social issue? WOAH.

PhilsFan 06-22-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maycocksean (Post 7248493)
Would you mind federal involvement in restricting abortion or gay marriage?

Isn't it more honest to say that you don't like the WAY Obama's government intervenes in "state affairs"? rather than that you oppose Big Government in general?

He would prefer gay marriage be put up to a national vote with months and months in advance so the LDS and the like can rally up the troops and make it about keeping your children heterosexual. That way, he knows which side will win.

BVS 06-22-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maycocksean (Post 7248493)
Would you mind federal involvement in restricting abortion or gay marriage?

Isn't it more honest to say that you don't like the WAY Obama's government intervenes in "state affairs"? rather than that you oppose Big Government in general?

It's extremely hard to find anyone who TRULY opposes "big government", most that call themselves conservatives want government to act in their best interest and then they consider it "small government".

Reagan was BIG government. But conservative revisionist history we'll teach us otherwise.

MrsSpringsteen 06-22-2011 10:10 AM

Just thought this was cute. I do love his smile. And he's a natural with that baby there. Baby whisperer?

YouTube - ‪Oh baby ...... President Obama‬‏

MrsSpringsteen 06-22-2011 01:37 PM

Anderson Cooper Calls Out Obama's Gay Marriage Flip Flopping (VIDEO)

INDY500 06-22-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maycocksean (Post 7248493)
Would you mind federal involvement in restricting abortion or gay marriage?

Isn't it more honest to say that you don't like the WAY Obama's government intervenes in "state affairs"? rather than that you oppose Big Government in general?

I'm a Tenth Amendment guy. Unfortunately, laws related to your two examples, abortion and gay marriage, have too often been written by judges rather than legislatures the past 40 years leading to social acrimony.

anitram 06-22-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7249379)
Unfortunately, laws related to your two examples, abortion and gay marriage, have too often been written by judges rather than legislatures the past 40 years leading to social acrimony.

Is it that you don't understand the concept of the common law system under which you live?

Or that you'd prefer to be like France and have a civil code?

maycocksean 06-22-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7249379)
I'm a Tenth Amendment guy. Unfortunately, laws related to your two examples, abortion and gay marriage, have too often been written by judges rather than legislatures the past 40 years leading to social acrimony.

So I'm understanding that you would oppose any federal measures on these issues whether pro or con?

DOMA etc, you're against. . .standing on principal.

INDY500 06-22-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitram (Post 7249411)
Is it that you don't understand the concept of the common law system under which you live?

Or that you'd prefer to be like France and have a civil code?

I live in a sovereign constitutional republic consisting of 50 states. A republic because the lawmakers are elected and constitutional because the powers of the government are limited by a constitution.

It is neither republican when unelected officials make laws nor constitutional when the federal government exceeds its enumerated powers and intrudes on states rights.

INDY500 06-22-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maycocksean (Post 7249433)
So I'm understanding that you would oppose any federal measures on these issues whether pro or con?

DOMA etc, you're against. . .standing on principal.

DOMA was passed to protect states from having other state laws imposed on them through the Full Faith and Credit Clause and to define marriage for federal purposes.

maycocksean 06-22-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7249451)
define marriage for federal purposes.

So you would not be opposed to federal involvement in non-constitutional issues such as marriage?

INDY500 06-22-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maycocksean (Post 7249502)
So you would not be opposed to federal involvement in non-constitutional issues such as marriage?

Not getting into all this again but clearly a working definition of all words in any piece of legislation or regulation is a necessity. Be it "wage," "citizen," or "marriage." Suffice it to say that until recently there was no ambiguity whatsoever as to the definition of marriage.

maycocksean 06-22-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7249571)
Not getting into all this again but clearly a working definition of all words in any piece of legislation or regulation is a necessity. Be it "wage," "citizen," or "marriage." Suffice it to say that until recently there was no ambiguity whatsoever as to the definition of marriage.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to lure you into a fight over gay marriage.

I AM trying to lure you into a fight over whether you aren't actually rather selective in what you mean when you say you oppose "big government" especially big federal government. :wink:

Of course I wouldn't expect you to use the words "Big Government." Indeed liberals don't even use that term.

I lived for 11 years with a truly bloated local government and I can talk for hours about its evils.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com