U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Obama General Discussion, vol. 3 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/obama-general-discussion-vol-3-a-210448.html)

mobvok 05-03-2011 09:35 PM

Obama General Discussion, vol. 3

Still President.

mobvok 05-03-2011 09:37 PM

Link
Quote:

The public will ultimately see a photo of a dead Osama bin Laden, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC's Brian Williams in an interview.

"The government obviously has been talking about how best to do this, but I don't think there's -- there was any question that ultimately a photograph would be presented to the public," according to a transcript of the interview. "Obviously I've seen those photographs. We've analyzed them and there's no question that it's Bin Laden."

"I think there's no question that there were concerns and there were questions that had to be debated about just exactly question kind of impact -- would these photos have," Panetta continued. "But the bottom line is that, you know, we got Bin Laden and I think we have to reveal to the rest of the world the fact that we were able to get him and kill him."

But the White House said Tuesday that they were still debating whether to release the photos.
I'm generally of the mind that it's better to rip the band-aid and get it over with, rather than drag it out.

MrsSpringsteen 05-04-2011 10:12 AM

So, what's up with Bush turning down Obama's invitation to be at Ground Zero tomorrow? I just heard about it, haven't read anything.

coolian2 05-04-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 7195893)
So, what's up with Bush turning down Obama's invitation to be at Ground Zero tomorrow? I just heard about it, haven't read anything.

maybe bush knows public chest beating 10 years after the fact isn't necessary?

nah, i wonder what it really is.

MrsSpringsteen 05-04-2011 10:26 AM

(CNN) - Former President George Bush has declined an invite to join President Obama at Ground Zero Thursday to mark the death of Osama bin Laden.

The former president instead wishes to remain out of the spotlight, according to a Bush spokesman.

“President Bush will not be in attendance on Thursday. He appreciated the invite, but has chosen in his post-presidency to remain largely out of the spotlight,” said spokesman David Sherzer. “He continues to celebrate with all Americans this important victory in the war on terror.”

Obama’s visit to the primary target of the 9/11 attacks will come four days after he announced bin Laden had been killed by U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Obama will also meet with families who lost relatives during the attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people.

A senior Obama administration official added to CNN that Bush "was invited but is not able to come. Which we of course understand."

MrsSpringsteen 05-04-2011 10:50 AM

Michelle Obama Dances 'The Dougie' & 'The Running Man' At Alice Deal Middle School (VIDEO)

Headache in a Suitcase 05-04-2011 12:57 PM

nobody should ever do the dougie :tsk:

INDY500 05-04-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

About 1 in 7 in U.S. Receive Food Stamps

Growth in the food stamp program appeared to reach a plateau in February — with 14.3% of the population relying on the safety net program
Quote:

The dollar slumped to a three-year low against major currencies on Wednesday and its outlook darkened further as surprisingly soft economic data underpinned expectations that U.S. interest rates will remain low this year.
Quote:

U.S. private employers added 179,000 jobs in April, coming in shy of economists' expectations, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.
Meanwhile back at the train wreck called The Obama Economic Policy.

BVS 05-04-2011 07:04 PM

Source?

INDY500 05-04-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVS (Post 7196260)
Source?

About 1 in 7 in U.S. Receive Food Stamps - Real Time Economics - WSJ

FOREX-Dollar tumbles to 3-yr low; data underpins rate view - Yahoo! News

Instant View: Private sector adds 179,000 jobs in April | Reuters

Believe me, I wish I was makin' it up.

Canadiens1131 05-04-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen (Post 7195909)

Thanks to Michelle, tonight, a young geek discovered his sexuality.

http://i.imgur.com/L87mY.png

PhilsFan 05-04-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7196209)
Meanwhile back at the train wreck called The Obama Economic Policy.

You see, I often get down about Obama's economics until I think about how much worse it would be with McCain/Palin.

BVS 05-04-2011 09:23 PM

Let's remember two things; the biggest rise in recent history started during Bush. Second, remember the last "food stamp statistic"? Conservatives used it for weeks and it ended up being false and manipulated.

Irvine511 05-04-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilsFan (Post 7196362)
You see, I often get down about Obama's economics until I think about how much worse it would be with McCain/Palin.

or how much worse it was in 2008/9 before the Obama team successfully avoided a second Great Depression.

Irvine511 05-04-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDY500 (Post 7196318)

some people are just lazy, i guess. i don't see why my tax dollars should be feeding them. there's shit at Target i want to buy.