U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   New Interpol!! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/new-interpol-205855.html)

Jive Turkey 04-28-2010 11:59 PM

New Interpol!!
 
Go to INTERPOL to download the new song Lights :hyper:

Imperor 04-29-2010 12:04 AM

Funny, I was just about to post something about this. Going in for my first listen now.

Jive Turkey 04-29-2010 12:06 AM

I gotta say that I love the lack of typical song structure in this new song. I think thats what was holding Our Love to Admire back from being great

Imperor 04-29-2010 12:23 AM

This song is boring and stuff.

Jive Turkey 04-29-2010 12:29 AM

It didnt kick me in the balls the way Pioneer to the Falls did on first listen, but I'm still enjoying it.

u2popmofo 04-29-2010 12:43 AM

Not single material by any means, but that's a great "Interpol back at sounding how Interpol should sound" album track. I like it quite a bit, but this is the type of thing I prefer to hear from them, so I'm probably biased.

bono_212 04-29-2010 12:51 AM

:slant:

u2popmofo 04-29-2010 12:51 AM

So do you guys prefer the boneheaded catchy single Interpol or something? I don't see how people who like Bright Lights or Antics wouldn't like this song. I think Leif Erickson is the best song they've done though, so what do I know.

LemonMelon 04-29-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 6745390)
I think Leif Erickson is the best song they've done though, so what do I know.

I think you're an intelligent man.

Haven't heard this track yet, but based on the reaction here, the hum of my computer fan already spoiled the surprise for me. I'll get to it eventually.

bono_212 04-29-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 6745390)
So do you guys prefer the boneheaded catchy single Interpol or something? I don't see how people who like Bright Lights or Antics wouldn't like this song. I think Leif Erickson is the best song they've done though, so what do I know.

The slant was more like, "I'm not sure if I like this or not."

Honestly, I preferred Antics to Bright Lights, but think the latter is a more intelligent album. I still haven't heard (and probably never will) the third album.

bono_212 04-29-2010 01:04 AM

Also, I hate to pull this out when the songs only been out for about two hours but:
YouTube - The Killers - All the pretty faces [With Lyrics]

Jive Turkey 04-29-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 6745384)
Not single material by any means, but that's a great "Interpol back at sounding how Interpol should sound" album track. I like it quite a bit, but this is the type of thing I prefer to hear from them, so I'm probably biased.

thigidy this

GirlsAloudFan 04-29-2010 01:17 AM

I have to give them my birth date and my E-Mail address? What is this, fucking Auschwitz?

phanan 04-29-2010 11:17 AM

It sounds like it could be the album opener, the way it slowly builds up.

u2popmofo 04-29-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 6745394)
I still haven't heard (and probably never will) the third album.

It's not as bad as it's been made out to be. Certainly their worst, but if you like the other two, there's still a number of songs to like on Our Love to Admire. Ironically enough though, my favorite songs from it are the "boneheaded catchy singles". :shh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com