U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Soundgarden reunion... (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/soundgarden-reunion-204218.html)

BVS 01-02-2010 01:57 PM

Soundgarden reunion...

Iconic rock act Soundgarden, led by vocalist Chris Cornell, have confirmed rumours that they will reunite in 2010.

The widely anticipated news was announced via social networking site Twitter, with a message that read: "The 12 year break is over & school is back in session. Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again!"

Soundgarden confirms reunion rumours | Stuff.co.nz

RedRocksU2 01-02-2010 01:57 PM

Coachella?

Imperor 01-02-2010 02:00 PM

Deja vu.

Soundgarden Inadvertently Reunites At Area Cinnabon

GirlsAloudFan 01-02-2010 02:34 PM

I wonder how much this will fuck up PJ's touring schedule in 2010 and beyond.

allbecauseofu2 01-03-2010 12:35 AM

ah, the 90's nostalgia starts off the bat.

Jive Turkey 01-03-2010 01:13 AM

why there is any nostalgia for the 90's music scene is beyond me. It was fun at the time, but it has aged about as well as the Olsen twins. I cant fap to that no moar

ntalwar 01-03-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey (Post 6595438)
why there is any nostalgia for the 90's music scene is beyond me. It was fun at the time, but it has aged about as well as the Olsen twins. I cant fap to that no moar

I guess it depends on the particular act or music. Is 90s U2 part of that scene that didn't age well?

djerdap 01-03-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan (Post 6594296)
I wonder how much this will fuck up PJ's touring schedule in 2010 and beyond.

It will be interesting, since PJ already booked some festival dates in Europe during the summer, and first touring schedule rumours for Soundgarden suggest there will be some international festivals booked as well. Cameron is a fuckin' machine, and I really hope he'll endure the amount of effort this year will take.

(praying for a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam gig with a Temple of the Dog encore...)

u2popmofo 01-03-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey (Post 6595438)

I entirely agree....except about the Olsen Twins. Having been the supposed "target audience" during the grunge movement, I thought it had maybe a year, year and a half at the longest, where it was actually interesting and decent. I've always been shocked how quickly people are to forget how mind-numbingly derivative and lame it all became. What, there were maybe 1 or 2 actual decent grunge bands that haven't made complete fools of themselves at this point? I'm supposed to think fondly back on a scene that shallow and superfluous? After the last two Audioslave cash ins and his ridiculous solo album, I'm shocked any fans would still be behind Cornell. More power to you if you could look past all the complete crap he's released, I guess.

Pop Artist 01-03-2010 07:24 PM

Soundgarden was one of those bands I wish I saw when they were around, but I'm not sure I will catch this reunion, Cornell's vocals have declined a lot over the years and he's sometimes painful to listen to now. :|

Jive Turkey 01-03-2010 07:27 PM

I cant wait!

YouTube - Chris Cornell - Part Of Me ft. Timbaland

MoodyJ 01-03-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop Artist (Post 6596370)
Soundgarden was one of those bands I wish I saw when they were around, but I'm not sure I will catch this reunion, Cornell's vocals have declined a lot over the years and he's sometimes painful to listen to now. :|

Unfortunately I have to agree :| I still wouldn't mind checking out new Soundgarden material though. Anything to eradicate the Timbaland produced mess Chris was last involved in.

powerhour24 01-04-2010 01:54 AM

Hell yeah. Cornell has the talent to be a solo artist (listen to his debut Euphoria Morning, :drool:) but he's taking a few odd turns recently.

As for his voice, during his Audioslave days I'd agree that it had degraded (but it happened to fit with that aesthetic quite well), but he really has had a renaissance since AFTER recording Carry On, I saw him twice on his tour supporting that and he was hitting notes on his material from throughout his career like nobody's business.

What of Matt Cameron though? I love Soundgarden, but he's got a good thing going with PJ, and he's the most stable drummer they've ever had.

Headache in a Suitcase 01-04-2010 10:59 AM

meh... i wish cornell coulda made it work with the rage folks.

ultimately this will be a short tour, followed by an ugly break up. seems par for the course.

and i strongly echo the concerns about cameron's involvement screwing things up for PJ...

http://www.theonion.com/content/file...ndgarden-R.jpg

MrPryck2U 01-04-2010 12:09 PM

Aww, c'mon y'all, can't ya be a little positive? :wink:

I think its cool that Soundgarden are gettin' together again. :up:

Will I go see them? No. But, I already have. A long time ago in a galaxy far away. It was December of 1991. They opened for Guns N' Roses at MSG. They were decent. It was back when Outshined was getting played on the radio I think. Good times! I loved the 90's! Bring back the nostalgia! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: If it ain't your bag, let others enjoy! :wink: