U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Kings of Leon (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/kings-of-leon-200591.html)

Rob33 08-24-2009 09:07 PM

Kings of Leon

Ok, I just saw them at the Forum (8/22 gig) and it was fucking spectacular...spine tingling. Excluding Bono, Caleb (the lead singer) is the most passionate singer in rock today...his voice is ridiculous...raw, powerful...one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. And just like U2, KOL is a much different experience live. Seriously...Cold Desert, Closer, Use Somebody, Manhattan, Be Somebody...the list goes on and on. They played 22 songs and almost every performance was amazing...

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are on KOL...because I think they're one of the greatest live acts in the world today.

Listen to Cold Desert live...one of the most epic things ever.

GirlsAloudFan 08-24-2009 09:22 PM

Really? The search function is your friend, Rob. This is the one millionth Kings of Leon thread to be made in this subforum over the last year and a half.

Anyway, I used to like this band, but they have devolved into a terrible, soulless shell of shit and they have now lost every shred of their dignity and credibility.

OrARoundabout 08-24-2009 09:23 PM

Fucking amazing band...don't care what the haters say. (GIRLSALOUDFAN LOL)

While Caleb may not have the best stage presence, he's got an amazing voice...just listen to "Cold Desert" and "Trunk".

YouTube - Cold Desert - Kings of Leon - Only By the Night

I never ever cried when I was feeling down
I've always been scared of the sound
Jesus don't love me, no one ever carried my load
I'm too young to feel this old

I've loved these guys since the 7th grade, and they never fail to dissapoint. I saw them two years ago will catch them again in September, I'm really looking foward to it.

BoMac 08-24-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan (Post 6341238)
Really? The search function is your friend, Rob. This is the one millionth Kings of Leon thread to be made in this subforum over the last year and a half.

To be fair, I'm surprised he's actually in this part of Interference. Cut him some slack.

On topic, I'm seeing them next month, and I'm excited! Can't wait. :hyper:

bono_man2002 08-24-2009 09:26 PM

Chris Martin > Kings Of Leon

GirlsAloudFan 08-24-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_man2002 (Post 6341248)

Absofuckinglutely

unico 08-24-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoMac (Post 6341246)
On topic, I'm seeing them next month, and I'm excited! Can't wait. :hyper:

:hyper::hyper:

OrARoundabout 08-24-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...en/2ed5jqu.gif

u2popmofo 08-24-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

I definitely fall into the "hater" category with these guys, so I will say no more.

OrARoundabout 08-24-2009 09:34 PM

KOL ON COCO O'BRIEN TONIGHT!

I'M USING CAPS TO EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...nan_obrien.jpg

bono_man2002 08-24-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrARoundabout (Post 6341257)

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the band, saying their singer is the next best thing since sliced bono just isn't right in my books.

impy13 08-24-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Anyway, I used to like this band, but they have devolved into a terrible, soulless shell of shit and they have now lost every shred of their dignity and credibility.

Perfectly said.

Quote:

Yep.

U2Fanatic4ever 08-24-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_man2002 (Post 6341265)
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the band, saying their singer is the next best thing since sliced bono just isn't right in my books.

agreed..:up:

Rob33 08-24-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

haha. I used the search function, and I searched back about 6 or 7 pages, couldn't find a single topic on Kings...oh well :shrug:

Anyway, I can't stand it when people say shit like KOL sold out...it all stems from the fucked up "big is bad" philosophy....that whole mindset makes me sick. And how the fuck can you say they're soulless? That couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_man2002 (Post 6341265)

Ok...who do you put over him right now? Yes..I'm saying he really is THAT good...his voice just fucking destroys everything...if you haven't heard Cold Desert or Closer live, then you have no perspective on this...fuck stage presence! This guy is incredible.

And Caleb shits on Chris Martin....Caleb is in another universe...Chris Martin isn't even a good rock singer...he's fucking Chris Martin.

U2Fanatic4ever 08-24-2009 10:22 PM

IMO caleb's voice grates on my last nerves (not sure if it's the tone or what, just one of those things).

I just don't like his voice..:down: