U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/tori-amos-is-back-and-abnormally-attracted-to-sin-193943.html)

Zoots 02-20-2009 10:22 PM

Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

*drumroll*

TORI AMOS | NEW ALBUM TITLE AND SXSW NEWS!

Tori Amos is back with her tenth studio album, "Abnormally Attracted To Sin" scheduled to hit stores and the digital domain this spring.

Can't say I'm a big fan of this title but hopefully the music will be good.

New Tori!!! :hyper:

bono_man2002 02-20-2009 10:26 PM

Can I get a FUCK YEAH!! :hyper:

Screwtape2 02-20-2009 10:28 PM

:yippie: :yippie: Yes! :yippie: :yippie:

Zoots 02-20-2009 10:36 PM

So quick too! :applaud:

2005 Beekeeper
2007 Posse
2009 Abnormally

I went and re-listened to Posse just recently and I have to say that it has not aged well for me. I actually prefer Beekeeper. :reject:

Screwtape2 02-20-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zootlesque (Post 5905277)
So quick too! :applaud:

2005 Beekeeper
2007 Posse
2009 Abnormally

:yes: I wasn't expecting a new album until next year.

HeartlandGirl 02-21-2009 02:03 AM

I am stoked. Officially. Especially since I was let down by Beekeeper after Scarlet, and I was really disappointed by most of Posse.

Dang. Now I want to listen to Tori.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 02-21-2009 01:32 PM

I'm kind of sorry I spent the money on Posse, but definitely feel differently about spending the money to see her live that tour. It was an amazing live experience seeing her up there with her piano. :love:

corianderstem 02-21-2009 04:23 PM

I've lost most of my interest in her since Strange Little Girls, but keep buying her records because a) I retain hope that I'll love on of her records again; and b) it's Tori, man. I gotta support Tori.

Zoots 02-21-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartlandGirl (Post 5906035)
I am stoked. Officially. Especially since I was let down by Beekeeper after Scarlet, and I was really disappointed by most of Posse.

:ohmy: That sounds like you prefer the Beekeeper to Posse too, like me! I thought I was the only one. Scarlet rules though. :drool:

U2isthebest 02-21-2009 05:02 PM

So, am I the only one that actually really likes Posse?

corianderstem 02-21-2009 05:07 PM

Upon first listen, I liked it, but I never really went back and spent much time with it. She just doesn't hold my interest as much as she used to.

But that's my problem, not Tori's. ;)

susanp6 02-21-2009 06:19 PM

:drool::applaud::love::hyper::yippie:

FitzChivalry 02-21-2009 07:49 PM

:D Yay. I am excited about this, but not as excited as I am for new stuff from U2, Bloc Party or Radiohead. I think Corri and I are part of the same hive with these statments:

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5908038)
I've lost most of my interest in her . . . but keep buying her records because a) I retain hope that I'll love on of her records again; and b) it's Tori, man. I gotta support Tori.

Quote:

Originally Posted by corianderstem (Post 5908243)
She just doesn't hold my interest as much as she used to.

Little Earthquakes
Under The Pink
Boys For Pele
From The Choirgirl Hotel
To Venus And Back

Those are pretty much where my lasting love for Tori comes from. I haven't really cared for that much of her stuff since. Scarlet's Walk was ok, but fairly boring to my ears, and while I did enjoy American Doll Posse, I thought it was too long with too much filler. Some artists really need to get tough with themselves and leave stuff on the editing room floor, or release singles with many b-sides - which a lot of the ADL songs seemed to be to me.

But any new Tori is a cause to celebrate, and I will love her to my dying day just because I think she is such a fucking cool and brilliant artist! :up:

corianderstem 02-21-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitzChivalry (Post 5908926)
Those are pretty much where my lasting love for Tori comes from. I haven't really cared for that much of her stuff since. Scarlet's Walk was ok, but fairly boring to my ears, and while I did enjoy American Doll Posse, I thought it was too long with too much filler. Some artists really need to get tough with themselves and leave stuff on the editing room floor, or release singles with many b-sides - which a lot of the ADL songs seemed to be to me.

We are totally on the same page with Tori. :hi5:

HeartlandGirl 02-22-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitzChivalry (Post 5908926)
while I did enjoy American Doll Posse, I thought it was too long with too much filler. Some artists really need to get tough with themselves and leave stuff on the editing room floor, or release singles with many b-sides - which a lot of the ADL songs seemed to be to me.

This is exactly how I feel about Posse. The Clyde songs are the few that I actually adore (Roosterspur Bridge, Beauty of Speed, Bouncing Off Clouds), but there's too much else going on with that record. The different songs by the different dolls are all over the map and the whole doesn't feel coherent. Something was also wrong with my copy of the CD, so the last two songs skip and I never listen to them.

So yeah, Zoots, I guess I do like Beekeeper better, though I'm not sure I would have said that at the time Posse came out. Posse has a few songs I think are brilliant, but if I had to listen to a whole album, I'd go with Beekeeper.

Does anyone else think the new one might be a bit on the crazy side, a la She's Your Cocaine or Hotel? I'm kind of hoping this new one is dark and full of fury.