U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/)
-   -   Regine Moylett - RMP - Last Scoop I promise! (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/regine-moylett-rmp-last-scoop-i-promise-193058.html)

brianvox 02-04-2009 07:30 PM

Regine Moylett - RMP - Last Scoop I promise!

Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

Allegedly the Q piece is going to suggest it's one up for Coldplay.

DoctorMacPhisto 02-04-2009 07:32 PM

...whatever, I'll judge it for meself.

dabiggestu2fan 02-04-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianvox (Post 5820392)
Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

sure thing

vaz02 02-04-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected.

:lol: Sorry. What video !!

popacrobat 02-04-2009 07:34 PM

:shrug: who knows what the actual reviews will say, and personally who cares? i guess my reaction to this, assuming it is all true is:

:shrug:

popacrobat 02-04-2009 07:34 PM

and the video hasn't been released yet, so this makes even less sense.

MMP 02-04-2009 07:34 PM

Well, it's kinda hard to get the video airplay expected when there's no video....

lmixristhebest 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Yeah, I'd wait till the video is released before saying I'm disappointed in its lack of airplay.

PowerSurge 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

I have to be honest here.

I find that incredibly hard to believe this. No offense, but I call bullshit on that info.

DoctorMacPhisto 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:MrMacPhisto:. (Post 5820402)
Well, it's kinda hard to get the video airplay expected when there's no video....

:yes:

Lemonfix 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

well, at least we can be assured that Rolling Stone will give them a good review, as they are physically unable to give a U2 album (and albums by REM, Springsteen, Dylan) less than 4 stars in this day and age.

And, uh, maybe I'm not down with what the kids read, but does anyone pay attention to reviews in Blender?

ndmaxfield 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Big stinkin' deal. Are we trying to force a consensus on how the album will be received? Enjoying art is a personal matter...we don't need instruction. I'll listen to the album and make up my own mind.

brianvox 02-04-2009 07:36 PM

MTV playlists are settled 6 weeks in advance. GOYB is on the B list of play.

I can only pass on what I hear.

popacrobat 02-04-2009 07:37 PM

MTV plays videos? maybe two hours a day, from like 2 am to 4 am. other than that it's a double shot at love, the hills, whitney port's new show, "Bromance", the real world, etc.

that's the poorest barometer of all.

Screwtape2 02-04-2009 07:37 PM

The critics don't matter in terms of liking the album but the reviews should be interesting to read. :hmm: