U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   Climate Change - A big fuss About Nothing (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f199/climate-change-a-big-fuss-about-nothing-192779.html)

MadForIt 01-27-2009 03:13 PM

Climate Change - A big fuss About Nothing
 
1. Most people are concerned about other things such as their health, will Man Utd win on the weekend and will they still have a job next month

2. Nothing wrong in picking your kids up from school in the car

3. Its cold in the UK, a bit of warmth would be great

4. Sticking up the prices of flights is wrong. It means normal people cant enjoy cheap foreign holidays and only the rich can enjoy such adventures.

5. Bring it on! Chances are we wont be around when the shit hits the fan

6. If REAL action needs to be taken it has to be driven by the Government. IF i was told i HAD to drive a hydrogen powered car then i would - you have got to stop people having the choice between petrol and the alternatives.

7. These green taxes dont go on green ventures. They go straight to Gordon Shitface to hand to the unemployed chavs and propping up the banks

deep 01-27-2009 03:20 PM

I don't know if this is the right thread
or if the 'Iceland' or 'Ireland' thread would be better

but I was listening to an interview on Pacifica radio last night
and the guest speaker was making a case that Britain very well could turn into a failed state or let's say collapse (financially) just like Iceland

finance guy, any thoughts ???

BVS 01-27-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5793844)
1. Most people are concerned about other things such as their health, will Man Utd win on the weekend and will they still have a job next month

2. Nothing wrong in picking your kids up from school in the car

3. Its cold in the UK, a bit of warmth would be great

4. Sticking up the prices of flights is wrong. It means normal people cant enjoy cheap foreign holidays and only the rich can enjoy such adventures.

5. Bring it on! Chances are we wont be around when the shit hits the fan

6. If REAL action needs to be taken it has to be driven by the Government. IF i was told i HAD to drive a hydrogen powered car then i would - you have got to stop people having the choice between petrol and the alternatives.

7. These green taxes dont go on green ventures. They go straight to Gordon Shitface to hand to the unemployed chavs and propping up the banks

How insightful...

Some of these are flat out wrong.

Others just back up your self proclaimed "selfish twit" mentality.

MadForIt 01-27-2009 04:17 PM

:up:

The_Pac_Mule 01-27-2009 04:38 PM

:D

Quote:

3. Its cold in the UK, a bit of warmth would be great
haha these past two weeks, the temperature has been at 30 degrees at its highest, and -40 at its lowest (farenheit) :mad:

obviosuly some of his arguments aren't really based on fact, I think he was trying to be funny. Although I believe we are going through climate change, I don't believe man has had a great impact on it. (I hate the term global warming, it's not really warming up much :wink:)

BVS 01-27-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule (Post 5794028)
Although I believe we are going through climate change, I don't believe man has had a great impact on it.

So do you believe the planet is just going through a cycle and that everything we do to this earth has no impact?

MadForIt 01-27-2009 05:11 PM

Humans have had an impact ofcourse
The industrial revolution sent loads of carbon monoxide into the atmosphere

India and China are doing the same now - but there are natural releases of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, such as when volcanoes erupt there is so much stored in the rock

BUT still - in terms of everyday life, other issues take priority - i dont have a car as i can walk everywhere where I am. But when i finish uni if i need a car and can afford it i will get one.

I think governments will blow the whole think out of proportion so that they can squeeze more money out of taxpayers

BVS 01-27-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5794109)

BUT still - in terms of everyday life, other issues take priority - i dont have a car as i can walk everywhere where I am. But when i finish uni if i need a car and can afford it i will get one.

But who said it has to be either/ or?


Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5794109)
I think governments will blow the whole think out of proportion so that they can squeeze more money out of taxpayers

AND

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5794109)
6. If REAL action needs to be taken it has to be driven by the Government. IF i was told i HAD to drive a hydrogen powered car then i would - you have got to stop people having the choice between petrol and the alternatives.

A little contradictory don't you think?

MadForIt 01-27-2009 06:11 PM

Well in the UK they are about to tax people who have old cars as they omit more emissions

what about people who can only afford the old cars?

If the gov said here we will tax the 4x4 owners etc and we will try and build the new hydrogen car for you all then fair enough

but i dont see that happening

pgv 01-27-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5794290)
Well in the UK they are about to tax people who have old cars as they omit more emissions

what about people who can only afford the old cars?

If the gov said here we will tax the 4x4 owners etc and we will try and build the new hydrogen car for you all then fair enough

but i dont see that happening

The government here in the UK is taxing cars according to a sliding scale. So you'll be paying more if you have a 4x4 and less if you don't.

Otherwise - take the bus :shrug: I have to do it. You have to do what you have to do, my friend!

MadForIt 01-27-2009 06:23 PM

my family does not have a 4x4 and i know they are applying that tax strategy to the bigger cars which is fair enough as people must have some cash to own those cars in the first place

The trains here are rediculous
prices went up 7% in JAN - i use them a fair bit and sunday service adds 2 hours to any journey you make

People will continue to use cars as the public transport is expensive and unreliable

pgv 01-27-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadForIt (Post 5794324)
my family does not have a 4x4 and i know they are applying that tax strategy to the bigger cars which is fair enough as people must have some cash to own those cars in the first place

The trains here are rediculous
prices went up 7% in JAN - i use them a fair bit and sunday service adds 2 hours to any journey you make

People will continue to use cars as the public transport is expensive and unreliable

I agree, public transport over here is a joke. That is the issue. I'm not going to go and deny climate change because the trains are never on time!

financeguy 01-27-2009 07:10 PM

YouTube - George Carlin - Saving the Planet

MadForIt 01-27-2009 07:18 PM

^^^^
Amazing:lol:

Sums it up perfectly:up:

the iron horse 01-27-2009 07:45 PM

Have you noticed that during the past few weeks the term 'Global Warming' is being replaced by 'Climate Change'?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com