U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Zoo Station (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/)
-   -   Lost—Season 5 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/lost-season-5-a-189519.html)

BoMac 09-07-2008 07:14 PM

Lost—Season 5
 
Even though this starts in February, it's never too early to start discussing theories!

I watched all four seasons in three months this spring/summer but after immersing myself in Lostpedia, I feel like there's so much that I've missed! I'm going to re-watch all of them again leading up to the Season 5 premiere.

It seems fairly obvious to me that the season will be devoted to the 06 returning to The Island. After that, all bets are off. So many theories abound that the show can seemingly go in myriad directions.

Also, has anyone read any Lost-related books? If so, will it help me understand the mythology of The Island a bit better?

GirlsAloudFan 09-07-2008 07:21 PM

L
O
S
T

The L-O-S-T

:drool:

No spoken words 09-07-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoMac (Post 5436236)
Even though this starts in February, it's never too early to start discussing theories!

I watched all four seasons in three months this spring/summer but after immersing myself in Lostpedia, I feel like there's so much that I've missed! I'm going to re-watch all of them again leading up to the Season 5 premiere.

It seems fairly obvious to me that the season will be devoted to the 06 returning to The Island. After that, all bets are off. So many theories abound that the show can seemingly go in myriad directions.

Also, has anyone read any Lost-related books? If so, will it help me understand the mythology of The Island a bit better?

You know how with sports, if the football season is not going on, and someone says "What jersey # does Tony Romo wear?" you likely cannot answer, but if someone asks that in October, you know it immediately? That's me with Lost. I'm knee-deep into the show when it's on, but when it's not on, it stops swirling around in my head. Before Season 5 starts, I'll watch a re-cap and the final episode of Season 4 to get my head back into it....but for now, I'm nowhere....if that makes sense, BoMac.

U2DMfan 09-07-2008 07:41 PM

Dude, it's 5 months away.

Although we could use this thread for a re-watch.
Sci-Fi and G4 are starting re-airs of Season 1 on Sep 15th.
Sci-Fi will be having 4 hour/episode blocks.
G4 is runnng Lost 2.0 (which may be similar to the enhanced episodes shown on ABC)

As far as catching up on the mythology...

I could probably answer a lot of the mythology questions succintly, if you go searching through LOST forums, they are just watered down with so many ideas, it's hard to catch on to a theory you'll like. I might be able to lead you in a direction.

U2DMfan 09-07-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No spoken words (Post 5436271)
You know how with sports, if the football season is not going on, and someone says "What jersey # does Tony Romo wear?" you likely cannot answer, but if someone asks that in October, you know it immediately? That's me with Lost. I'm knee-deep into the show when it's on, but when it's not on, it stops swirling around in my head. Before Season 5 starts, I'll watch a re-cap and the final episode of Season 4 to get my head back into it....but for now, I'm nowhere....if that makes sense, BoMac.

Dude, I totally agree.

Last season it was like (fuck, where are we again?) and then they showed the Season 3 Finale right before the S4 premeire and it was like (WHOOSH!) it all came back.

But the last month or so, I've been reading up on theories after re-watching a lot of episodes (nothing else on) and I've got a pretty good idea right now. In a few months, it will be filled with Fantasy football stats.

No spoken words 09-07-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U2DMfan (Post 5436278)
Dude, I totally agree.

Last season it was like (fuck, where are we again?) and then they showed the Season 3 Finale right before the S4 premeire and it was like (WHOOSH!) it all came back.

But the last month or so, I've been reading up on theories after re-watching a lot of episodes (nothing else on) and I've got a pretty good idea right now. In a few months, it will be filled with Fantasy football stats.

Fantasy fucking Football. Carson Palmer earned me -1 points today. Good start. At least my Steelers kicked ass.

I am hoping that Fox's Fringe will be good and will fill the Lost void until Season 5 starts. Between waiting for Lost, BSG, etc, there's just not much on right now that piques my interest. Heroes will if it's any good...if it's more like Season 2 then I'm out.

U2DMfan 09-07-2008 07:58 PM

By the way LOST 2.0 on G4 is next Sunday

After watching Seasons 4 of LOST and BSG simultaneously, it's hard to watch anything and not be asking yourself "so when does the incredibly awesome shit happen?".

The bar is too high. I fear that I won't be able to give Fringe and the new season of Heroes much a chance. But I'll try.

In one league., I missed the first rounds of one my live drafts and ended up with Jake fucking Delhomme as QB. I don't expect that team to shine.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-07-2008 08:06 PM

So, is there a cliff notes version of Lost I can get somewhere? :shifty:

No spoken words 09-07-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U2DMfan (Post 5436302)
By the way LOST 2.0 on G4 is next Sunday

After watching Seasons 4 of LOST and BSG simultaneously, it's hard to watch anything and not be asking yourself "so when does the incredibly awesome shit happen?".

The bar is too high. I fear that I won't be able to give Fringe and the new season of Heroes much a chance. But I'll try.

In one league., I missed the first rounds of one my live drafts and ended up with Jake fucking Delhomme as QB. I don't expect that team to shine.

At least Jake rallied his team to an exciting win.

BSG > Lost for me, but, I like both very much. My expectations are lower than my hopes for Fringe. I also miss The Wire. :(

No spoken words 09-07-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel (Post 5436311)
So, is there a cliff notes version of Lost I can get somewhere? :shifty:

You can try Lostpedia, but, the best thing to do, April, is rent Season 1 and just roll through them. It's not the kind of show with a simple enough plot to just summarize.

beegee 09-07-2008 11:07 PM

Yeah, April, you have more than enough time to catch up in time for the next season.

Even with season 4 coming to DVD on December 9th, you STILL have plenty of time.

DO IT.

Audiophile 09-08-2008 03:26 PM

Looking forward to Season 5. Last season ended great. Still have the seaon finale from last season on my xbox 360.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 09-08-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No spoken words (Post 5436324)
You can try Lostpedia, but, the best thing to do, April, is rent Season 1 and just roll through them. It's not the kind of show with a simple enough plot to just summarize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beegee (Post 5436646)
Yeah, April, you have more than enough time to catch up in time for the next season.

Even with season 4 coming to DVD on December 9th, you STILL have plenty of time.

DO IT.


:hmm:

phanan 09-09-2008 11:09 AM

Can't wait, but we got a ways to go here.

beegee 09-20-2008 06:14 PM

Interesting.

A companion show for LOST.

Flash Forward New Companion for Lost
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
September 19, 2008


While flash forwards are becoming the norm on "Lost," ABC has also landed a show named "Flash Forward," reports Variety. The network has given a pilot order to the spec script by filmmaker David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) and "Star Trek" veteran Brannon Braga.

Based on Robert J. Sawyer's sci-fi novel, "Flash Forward" is considered very compatible with "Lost." It chronicles the chaos that ensues after everyone in the world blacks out for 2 minutes, 17 seconds and has a mysterious vision of the future that changes lives forever.

Goyer will direct the pilot. He also will executive produce with Braga and Jessika Borsiczky Goyer (NBC's "Revelations") along with Vince Gerardis and Ralph M. Vicinanza (Jumper), who own the rights to the book.

Goyer and Braga met on the CBS sci-fi series "Threshold," which both executive produced.



Here are a couple of links:

Flash Forward New Companion for Lost - ComingSoon.net

ABC Finds a Potential Lost Companion in Flash Forward | ABC, Flash Forward, Lost | BuzzSugar - Movies, TV, Music.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com