U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/is-palin-failin-or-omg-mccain-wins-with-palin-pt-2-a-189429.html)

diamond 09-03-2008 10:01 AM

Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2
 
** First 24 posts carried over from this thread. --y. **




:angry:

diamond 09-03-2008 10:16 AM

For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)


Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>

martha 09-03-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond (Post 5422719)
If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I've never said one word about her "inexperience." I wanted to know specifics about how she took on BIG OIL and CORRUPTION.

Irvine511 09-03-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond (Post 5422719)
For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)


Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>





diamond: do you think Sarah Palin would have been picked if she were a man?

diamond 09-03-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 5422725)
diamond: do you think Sarah Palin would have been picked if she were a man?

she coulda been.

Remember, none of the men had an 80% appoval rating, and that is her natural hair unlike Joe's:


With Sarah you get authenticty unlike Joe and Senator O.

YouTube - Doug from Upland Sing-Along: Joe Biden's Doll Hair

Irvine511 09-03-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond (Post 5422783)
she coulda been.

Remember, none of the men had an 80% appoval rating, and that is her natural hair unlike Joe's:


With Sarah you get authenticty unlike Joe and Senator O.

YouTube - Doug from Upland Sing-Along: Joe Biden's Doll Hair



i'll take this as a "no, of course not."

diamond 09-03-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvine511 (Post 5422796)
i'll take this as a "no, of course not."

please don't put words in my mouth.

if there was a male republican gov w an 80% plus approval rating and Mac passed on him-then you'd have a discussion.

<>

Diemen 09-03-2008 11:18 AM

It's so cute to watch you try and squirm out of an answer. :cute:

Zoots 09-03-2008 11:20 AM

Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2
 
What does Sarah Palin think of the new U2 album being pushed to 2009?




;)

Irvine511 09-03-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemen (Post 5422846)
It's so cute to watch you try and squirm out of an answer. :cute:



diamond is always cute, no matter what he's doing. :flirt:

AnnRKeyintheUSA 09-03-2008 12:22 PM

I am now thinking- and hoping- that she will gracefully step down before the election to spare him the humilation of replacing her. However, who would he then choose? Dumping a woman, he couldn't very well go for an old white guy, that wouldn't be PC. But she is too risky and inexperienced to be 'a heartbeat away.'

Zoots 09-03-2008 12:31 PM

Do you really think he will drop her??? Wouldn't that look bad? I have not been following every bit of news on this controversy but I really don't think he is going to drop her.

2861U2 09-03-2008 12:32 PM

Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.

AnnRKeyintheUSA 09-03-2008 12:37 PM

Hey, I know, you can say she's not good for family values since her daughter got pregnant. Also you could say, she can't be a good mother of five and have such a high pressure job. That should turn the right wing against her!:sexywink:

I still think she was a weak and bad choice and it will hurt him.

Irvine511 09-03-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2861U2 (Post 5423023)
Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.



i will be very, very curious to watch and see what happens tonight.

i think we can guarantee that some commentators are going to think she was amazing, and i have no doubt the crowd will love her, sort of akin to after the 2nd debate in 2004, just before it was over, when Karen Hughes ran down the hallway to high-5 Karl Rove to set the narrative as early as possible and try to spin the media as quickly as they could.

so we're going to see that equivalent tonight, no matter what actually happens.

basically, the Republican pundits are going to praise Palin as the second coming in exactly the same way they accuse some of fawning over every little thing Obama says.

there's something very interesting going on here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com