U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Just the Bang and the Clatter (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Doves (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/doves-188820.html)

MissVelvetDress_75 08-14-2008 08:29 PM

Doves

When in sam's hell will they release some new material? Come on already! I miss them! :scream:

u2popmofo 08-14-2008 09:26 PM

They are indeed working on an album, but yeah, takin' 'er slow I guess.

MissVelvetDress_75 08-14-2008 11:40 PM

That is all the news you have for me, mofo? :down:

No spoken words 08-15-2008 12:26 AM

Thanks for the in-depth update, scumbo!

Doves....:drool:

u2popmofo 08-15-2008 12:51 AM

Next time I just won't respond, jerks. :angry:

Anyways, they're apparently playing a couple shows in September, maybe they'll play some new tracks. Lost Souls is one of the best albums of the last 10 years in my opinion.

No spoken words 08-15-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 5372036)
Next time I just won't respond, jerks. :angry:

Anyways, they're apparently playing a couple shows in September, maybe they'll play some new tracks. Lost Souls is one of the best albums of the last 10 years in my opinion.

I love all three of their albums. Your buddy IYS loves and hates them at the same time. I hate and hate you at the same time.

u2popmofo 08-15-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No spoken words (Post 5372041)
IYS loves and hates them at the same time.

Hence why I plan on punching him in the mouth.

No spoken words 08-15-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u2popmofo (Post 5372050)
Hence why I plan on punching him in the mouth.

That's the best fucking plan ever conceived by man, machine, animal, alien or ghost.

elevated_u2_fan 08-15-2008 11:28 AM

i :heart: you guys...

They strike me as having perfectionist tendencies in the studio, I remember hearing somewhere that it took them some crazy amount of time to record Lost Souls - like 3years or something...

MissVelvetDress_75 08-15-2008 11:42 AM

Lost Souls has permanent rotation on my iPod. :heart:

elevated_u2_fan 08-15-2008 11:46 AM

all three of their albums are wicked good, if I had to rate them, depending on my mood I might even say Some Cities is better than Lost Souls...

purpleblackeye 08-15-2008 11:57 AM

one of the best UK bands...all three albums are excellent, and they are great live too.

No spoken words 08-15-2008 02:23 PM

I saw them live in LA, in support of The Last Broadcast....great, great show.

u2popmofo 08-15-2008 03:30 PM

I like all 3 albums quite a bit as well, but Lost Souls still majorly stands out to me. I love the atmosphere of the album, the entire thing is solid. Even though Last Broadcast has some of their absolute best songs, I can't help but feel like it has a decent amount of filler as well. None of the songs are bad really, some are kinda just there for me I guess. I loved Some Cities and rated it in my year end list the year it came out, but I don't seem to find myself wanting to hear many of the songs from it the last year or two. Lost Souls has aged really well to my ears though, still pretty impressive and unique sound.

I randomly went into one of my favorite local independent chain record stores a few years ago and they were selling a Doves live EP that was only available at independent stores, 'Live at Eden'. It's mainly Last Broadcast songs and one or two Lost Souls songs I think. Great stuff. They sound really good live on it, I'd love to see them. Like Elbow, they've been one of those bands I've wanted to see since the moment I heard their first album, hopefully I'll get a chance sometime. :up:

coemgen 08-15-2008 03:33 PM

They've been working on something for a while, and have a couple shows coming up.

Here's the latest from their wikipedia page, which is similar to what I've heard through their myspace.

The band are currently working on new material for their fourth album. The album was originally expected to be released in late 2007, but according to their blog, it was delayed. They have recorded tracks including '10.03', 'Winter Hill', 'Disco Eyam', 'Devils in the Detail', 'Spellbound', 'House Of Mirrors', 'Drifter', 'Kingdom Of Rust' and 'Jetstream'. In a June 19, 2008 update posted in their blog: "We aim to have this record finished by the end of summer, songs are already starting to be mixed..."
The band also has an unofficial fourth member named Martin Roman Rebelski. He plays keyboards, but has more recently produced his own album, Thanks For Your Thoughts.