U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Geebung, Queensland Superthread (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/geebung-queensland-superthread-187281.html)

Axver 06-08-2008 02:32 AM

Geebung, Queensland Superthread
 
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urethra National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was not Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Michelin
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Bumberry, NSFW
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Gimme more Sexy Peaks, Idaho
- Fuck those Fucking fuckers, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Axver's a huge Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Afternoon Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- You're a Twatt, No You Are, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Mandarin Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Lamethreadlocation, US of Lamerica
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- LemonMacPhisto's failure
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost in spaaaace)
- Dildo vs vibrator, Newfoundland
- Haiku Valley, Hawaii
- Hole of Horcum, England
- Cumbum, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hell For Certain, Kentucky
- Devil's Dyke, Sussex, England
- Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
- Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- Three Cocks and the Truth, Wales
- Saddam Hussein Is Dead Town, Sri Lanka
- Tittybong, Victoria, Australia
- Humptulips, Washington
- Do You Like My Sugar Tits, South Carolina
- End of Earth, Michigan
- Big Boner Lick State Park, Kentucky
- Kholat Syakhl, Russia
- RAdelaide awww yeah, South Australia
- Dumb Thread Idea, Northumberland, UK
- Bumpass, Virginia
- Shut the Bogan Gate, NSW, Australia
- Billy Ray Cyrus, Ireland
- Upperthong, West Yorkshire
- Sexbierum, Holland
- Postwhorehouse Meadow
- Never Brilliant, Alabama
- Your Mum's A Hooker, Oklahoma
- Knob Lick, Missouri
- Fresh Smells, Staten Island
- Nazis, Ontario
- Paw Paw, West Vagina
- Tutaekuri ("dogshit") River, New Zealand
- Half Of The Posters In This Thread Would Post While Losing Their Virginity, Utah
- Forever Young, New York
- Kumamoto ("fire cunt" in Swahili), Japan
- Ian's fairy's horny, Anglesey, Wales

Now we're in Geebung, Queensland. Named after the Geebung tree, or perhaps the surveyor just stood in a pile of shit by accident. Geebung is also appropriate to our last thread's discussion, as it's one of those places to have four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

Geebung, Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gluey 06-08-2008 02:34 AM

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,011
User Name Posts
Axver 134
gluey 127
KhanadaRhodes 107
Varitek 97
phanan 89
coolian2 69
Screwtape2 66
The Sad Punk 61
mysterious_jen 39
bono_212 27
LarryMullen's POPAngel 22
bono_man2002 19
phillyfan26 18
LemonMelon 18
LemonMacPhisto 14
DreamOutLoud13 14
*browneyedgirl* 10
No spoken words 9
WildHoney 9
Zootlesque 9
Alisaura 8
unico 8
Sicy 7
RavenBlue 6
RedRocksU2 6
Lila64 5
VintagePunk 5
elevated_u2_fan 3
thatsnotmypuppy 2
cinnaminson 1
hardyharhar 1
major_panic 1


:shocked: HOW did I manage THAT?

Gluey 06-08-2008 02:35 AM

:lmao: Love the description Ax

bono_212 06-08-2008 02:36 AM

That is one thing I loove about Indiana. Four REAL seasons :cute:

I just had to unravel all of Listen Like Thieves, and roll it back up DAMN CAssetTes!

Axver 06-08-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 5208526)
That is one thing I loove about Indiana. Four REAL seasons :cute:

I just had to unravel all of Listen Like Thieves, and roll it back up DAMN CAssetTes!

Yeah, it's why I moved to Melbourne. I like cold weather.

And woah, why are you listening to a cassette in the first place?

VintagePunk 06-08-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gluey (Post 5208521)

:shocked: HOW did I manage THAT?

You really are a postwhore! :cute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 5208500)



I'd love some real winter. I'd move further south if it weren't for the fact that Melbourne is my favourite city in the world. But if I could pick up Melbourne and dump it down in Antarctica, that might be good.

And I enjoy following the weather data on the Bureau of Meteorology's site more than I should. :drool:

Oh, if I could, I'd happily send you some of our winter. I hate it. HATE. I'd love to live in a more temperate area, like Vancouver or something. I love rain, too, so I'd fit in well there.

The Sad Punk 06-08-2008 02:39 AM

A new thread! :love:

DreamOutLoud13 06-08-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 5208533)
And woah, why are you listening to a cassette in the first place?

Because she found some awesome used music store that was practically giving them away.

:angry:


Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBC_Root_Beer :drool:

Axver 06-08-2008 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintagePunk (Post 5208534)
Oh, if I could, I'd happily send you some of our winter. I hate it. HATE. I'd love to live in a more temperate area, like Vancouver or something. I love rain, too, so I'd fit in well there.

I think the novelty of extreme cold would wear off rather quickly, but it would be nice to live somewhere with winters sufficiently cold to see snow sometimes (i.e. sufficiently regularly that it's not a huge rarity, but infrequently enough that it's a pleasant occurrence that retains a bit of novelty value) and summers where it's uncommon to get past 30C.

I think Hobart or somewhere else in Tasmania would suit me down to the ground, or just going back to New Zealand. Goddamnit, Melbourne, why are you on this side of Bass Strait rather than the other?

bono_212 06-08-2008 02:43 AM

yeah, like Chass said, I bought about 50 of 'em a month or so back for my road trip from Texas to Indiana, cause my car has a cassette player, and my iPod was ( and due to laziness still is) out of commission. They were only a quarter each so that's...12.25 for a lot of music I've always wanted (plus a few things I already had but didn't mind buying a second time.) Now that I'm home, however, I'm ripping them all to my computer. It is a long, and very irritating process, and INXS is making it very difficult for me right now.

Axver 06-08-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 (Post 5208540)
Because she found some awesome used music store that was practically giving them away.

But ... cassettes.

This coming from a guy who rarely sees the point in buying a physical copy of music in any format, though. Downloading for the SuperWin.

bono_212 06-08-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 5208545)
I think the novelty of extreme cold would wear off rather quickly, but it would be nice to live somewhere with winters sufficiently cold to see snow sometimes (i.e. sufficiently regularly that it's not a huge rarity, but infrequently enough that it's a pleasant occurrence that retains a bit of novelty value) and summers where it's uncommon to get past 30C.

I think Hobart or somewhere else in Tasmania would suit me down to the ground, or just going back to New Zealand. Goddamnit, Melbourne, why are you on this side of Bass Strait rather than the other?

:lmao: Ax, there's a random, medium sized city in Indiana called Hobart. I thought you just picked it out of a hat to move to. I was all ready to welcome you to the state :lol:

Axver 06-08-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 5208548)
yeah, like Chass said, I bought about 50 of 'em a month or so back for my road trip from Texas to Indiana, cause my car has a cassette player, and my iPod was ( and due to laziness still is) out of commission. They were only a quarter each so that's...12.25 for a lot of music I've always wanted (plus a few things I already had but didn't mind buying a second time.)

Ahh, now that makes sense. My mother still has her collection of cassettes for use in her car.

Quote:

Now that I'm home, however, I'm ripping them all to my computer. It is a long, and very irritating process, and INXS is making it very difficult for me right now.
Why not just download the albums rather than ripping them?

bono_212 06-08-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axver (Post 5208553)
Ahh, now that makes sense. My mother still has her collection of cassettes for use in her car.



Why not just download the albums rather than ripping them?

I got sued by the RIAA last year, nothing came of it, but I'm scared to death of downloading now (as I say this, let me continue to download the ten or so albums of Bruce Springsteen outtakes Phanan linked me to earlier :lol: )

Axver 06-08-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bono_212 (Post 5208551)
:lmao: Ax, there's a random, medium sized city in Indiana called Hobart. I thought you just picked it out of a hat to move to. I was all ready to welcome you to the state :lol:

:lol: Hobart is the capital of Tasmania. Pretty small city, I think its population is around 300,000.

I'm disappointed U2's never gone there to play Van Diemen's Land in the place its named after, but few overseas bands ever go to Tasmania so I'm not surprised.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com