U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   i just listened to 'in the light' for the first time (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/i-just-listened-to-in-the-light-for-the-first-time-185907.html)

discothequeLP 04-11-2008 02:44 AM

i just listened to 'in the light' for the first time

oh.

my.

god.

i literally just had a 9 minute orgasm. that was unbelievable. my life has changed forever.

Inner El Guapo 04-11-2008 03:02 AM

I'm guessing this isn't the Zeppelin song.

I might have had an orgasm during this song.....

That said, it was probabaly a solo adventure.

GibsonGirl 04-11-2008 07:34 AM

Have you been living under a rock all these years? :wink:

Amazing song.

Bonochick 04-11-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by discothequeLP
i literally just had a 9 minute orgasm.
Quote:

Originally posted by Inner El Guapo

I might have had an orgasm during this song.....

We don't need to read stuff like that, guys. Come on, I think you can find better ways to describe how great something is.

lazarus 04-11-2008 10:12 AM

If we are talking about Zep I concur. If I could only have one of their albums, it may be Disc 2 of Physical Graffiti. Down By the Seaside, Ten Years Gone, Night Flight, etc.

Zoots 04-11-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bonochick
We don't need to read stuff like that, guys. Come on, I think you can find better ways to describe how great something is.
We've all been corrupted now! What will we do??? :scream:

BoMac 04-11-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bonochick

Correct. I prefer the term "musigasm". :D

Zoots 04-11-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoManiac
Correct. I prefer the term "musigasm". :D
or even eargasm or joygasm! :combust:

BoMac 04-11-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zootlesque

or even eargasm or joygasm! :combust:

Is that what you get when you hear Delilah?

LemonMelon 04-11-2008 11:49 AM

One of Physical Graffiti's most obvious highlights. It builds up really well, and I love how it transitions into Bron-Yr-Aur.

Zoots 04-11-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoManiac

Is that what you get when you hear Delilah?

Absolutely! :combust:

phanan 04-11-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lazarus
If we are talking about Zep I concur. If I could only have one of their albums, it may be Disc 2 of Physical Graffiti. Down By the Seaside, Ten Years Gone, Night Flight, etc.
It would be this or LZIII for me.

cdisantis83 04-11-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lazarus
Yes, there are certainly some under-appreciated gems on disc 2. To the ones you listed might be added the raucous "Wanton Song" and shimmering "Bron-Yr-Aur." And "Ten Years Gone" is among their very best efforts.

Zoots 04-11-2008 03:30 PM

Physical Graffiti really is amazing! Don't forget.. Disc 1 has In My Time Of Dying, which could very well be my #1 favorite Zep song! But it also has Kashmir which is kinda meh, for me at least.

In The Light is so beautiful! :love: I feel like listening to it now.

lazarus 04-11-2008 04:17 PM

I respect Kashmir more than I enjoy it. It's definitely over the top and could easily be used as ammo by critics of the band. The first disc does have a couple great tracks, like IMTOD, as Zoots mentioned, and of course Houses of the Holy, but it doesn't really match its companion. I find Trampled Under Foot a little annoying, to be honest--they undearthed THIS for the reunion concert?! That synth organ or whatever instrument it is makes me think ahead to In Through The Out Door and cringe.

Actually come to think of it HOTH is probably the album I would take with me if I could choose only one, overplayed as some of the songs may be. But it would be tough!