U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   The 2008 MLB Thread (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/the-2008-mlb-thread-185424.html)

theFly51 03-25-2008 11:23 AM

The 2008 MLB Thread
 
It's now late March and a little early for baseball but it's alright because:

Red Sox 6
A's 5

In 10 innings!

Thank You Manny!!

Start disscusion here :wink:

speedracer 03-25-2008 12:05 PM

So, apparently there was a Keith Foulke sighting this morning.

I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.

phanan 03-25-2008 01:28 PM

The Oakland A's bullpen was very similiar to Boston, circa 2004.

Foulke, Embree, Dinardo...

randhail 03-25-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by speedracer
I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.
As much as he deserves an ovation for what he did in '04, he won't get one anytime soon. The Burger King line was priceless though and he should be applauded for that.

Headache in a Suitcase 03-25-2008 03:02 PM

david ortiz would be a nice player without manny ramirez.

CTU2fan 03-25-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by speedracer
I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.
I think he might, actually. I really hope so.

Quote:

Originally posted by randhail


As much as he deserves an ovation for what he did in '04, he won't get one anytime soon. The Burger King line was priceless though and he should be applauded for that.

It was...the only people that didn't like that line were, well, Johnny Burger King's.

Headache in a Suitcase 03-26-2008 08:18 AM

prediction time

AL East
1. Boston
2. New York
3. Toronto
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Cleveland
2. Detroit* Wild Card
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles of Anaheim, Orange County & Tijuana
3. Oakland
4. Texas

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia
3. Florida
4. Atlanta
5. Washington

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Milwaukee* Wild Card
3. St. Louis
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. Cincinatti

NL West
1. Arizona
2. Colorado
3. San Diego
4. Los Angeles
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Cleveland over Seattle

Boston over Seattle

NL Playoffs
New York over Milwaukee
Arizona over Chicago

New York over Chicago

World Series
New York over Boston


AL MVP - Grady Sizemore
NL MVP - David Wright
AL Cy Young - Erik Bedard
NL Cy Young - John Maine

Hewson 03-26-2008 10:17 AM

AL East
1. Boston
2. Toronto (wild card)
3. New York Y
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles Lackeys of Eastern Japan
3. Texas
4. Oak Tree

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia (wild card)
3. Atlanta
4. DC
5. Florida

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cincy
3. Milwaukee
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. St. Louis

NL West
1. LA
2. Colorado
3. Arizona
4. San Diego
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs...playoffs? you talkin playoffs?

Boston over Seattle
Detroit over Canada

Boston over Detroit

NL Playoffs...we're just trying to win a damn game here

Mets ove Dodgers
Cubs ove Philistines

Cubs over Mets

WS: Red Sox over Cubs, 4-1.

AL MVP: Money Ramirez
AL Cy Young: Jeremy Bonderman

NL MVP: Alfonso Soriano
NL Cy Young: Carlos Santana

theFly51 03-26-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hewson
AL East
1. Boston
2. Toronto (wild card)
3. New York Y
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles Lackeys of Eastern Japan
3. Texas
4. Oak Tree

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia (wild card)
3. Atlanta
4. DC
5. Florida

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cincy
3. Milwaukee
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. St. Louis

NL West
1. LA
2. Colorado
3. Arizona
4. San Diego
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs...playoffs? you talkin playoffs?

Boston over Seattle
Detroit over Canada

Boston over Detroit

NL Playoffs...we're just trying to win a damn game here

Mets ove Dodgers
Cubs ove Philistines

Cubs over Mets

WS: Red Sox over Cubs, 4-1.

AL MVP: Money Ramirez
AL Cy Young: Jeremy Bonderman

NL MVP: Alfonso Soriano
NL Cy Young: Carlos Santana

:yes:

phanan 03-26-2008 10:40 AM

AL EAST
Boston
New York
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

AL CENTRAL
Detroit
Cleveland (WC)
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

AL WEST
Seattle
Los Angeles of Anaheim
Oakland
Texas


NL EAST
New York
Philadelphia
Florida
Washington
Atlanta

NL CENTRAL
Chicago
Milwaukee (WC)
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Houston

NL WEST
Colorado
Arizona
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco


AL PLAYOFFS
Boston over Detroit
Seattle over Cleveland

Boston over Seattle

NL PLAYOFFS
New York over Milwaukee
Colorado over Chicago

New York over Colorado

WORLD SERIES
Boston over New York


AL MVP: Magglio Ordonez
AL Cy Young: Josh Beckett

NL MVP: Prince Fielder
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana

phanan 03-26-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
AL Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Cleveland over Seattle

Boston over Seattle

NL Playoffs
New York over Milwaukee
Arizona over Chicago

New York over Chicago

I like how Seattle and Chicago get to lose two series. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase 03-26-2008 10:50 AM

ah crap... you know what i mean.

new york over arizona
boston over cleveland

:madspit:

FullonEdge2 03-26-2008 12:34 PM

Hewson--

Reds in 2nd in the NL Central? Cubs in the WS?

you're kidding, right?

Hewson 03-26-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FullonEdge2
Hewson--

Reds in 2nd in the NL Central? Cubs in the WS?

you're kidding, right?

I never kid, just ask anyone here.

FullonEdge2 03-26-2008 01:04 PM

gotcha:(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com