U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Lemonade Stand Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/the-2008-nhl-playoffs-thread-185405.html)

BoMac 03-24-2008 08:23 PM

The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Well, I guess we could start thinking of the playoffs now. It looks like the Canadiens will clinch a spot tonight, and move closer to first place in the East.

:rockon:

ladywithspinninghead 03-24-2008 08:26 PM

Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by BonoManiac
Well, I guess we could start thinking of the playoffs now. It looks like the Canadiens will clinch a spot tonight, and move closer to first place in the East.

:rockon:

Ah, le Tricolore - what a game...

Has Detroit clinched a playoff spot yet?


(Maybe the Habs fans should start their own thread since we're so numerous and..enthusiastic!! :wink:)

pat132 03-24-2008 08:36 PM

Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead
(Maybe the Habs fans should start their own thread since we're so numerous and..enthusiastic!! :wink:)
yes :rockon:

And yes for Detroit.

pat132 03-24-2008 09:19 PM

Horrible 3rd period :mad: At least, we won :hyper:

ladywithspinninghead 03-24-2008 09:24 PM

We jinxed it! :mad:

I'm sure Murray gave the Sens a verbal beating before the 3rd...

LarryMullen's POPAngel 03-25-2008 09:34 AM

Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead


Ah, le Tricolore - what a game...

Has Detroit clinched a playoff spot yet?

But of course. :hi5:






Yeah, it was looking a little iffy there a month or so ago...:shh:

DaveC 03-25-2008 01:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Yeah, it was looking a little iffy there a month or so ago...:shh:

Not really. It's Detroit, you know they're always going to make it easily. They'll dominate the regular season, then get put out by the eighth seed. :wink:

I think if the Nucks can win tonight and tomorrow, they'll be in great position to take the whole divvy. :hyper:

Of course, figuring out how to score some goals would be nice.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 03-25-2008 01:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by DaveC


Not really. It's Detroit, you know they're always going to make it easily. They'll dominate the regular season, then get put out by the eighth seed. :wink:

I think if the Nucks can win tonight and tomorrow, they'll be in great position to take the whole divvy. :hyper:

Of course, figuring out how to score some goals would be nice.

I would try and act all :mad: in response to your post but sadly, you're right.

I'd be shocked if they made it past the second round this spring.

DaveC 03-25-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


I would try and act all :mad: in response to your post but sadly, you're right.

I'd be shocked if they made it past the second round this spring.

Everyone's saying Nashville's going to take the last spot (they play Columbus twice, St. Louis twice, and Chicago and Detroit once each) thanks to the super-easy schedule, so you'll probably be able to beat them.

I wouldn't be so sure about any opponent from the Northwest though, they're all pretty hot right now and are all making the playoffs (except Edmonton) coming through the toughest division in the league.

Thora 03-25-2008 04:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread
 
Quote:

Originally posted by DaveC


I think if the Nucks can win tonight and tomorrow, they'll be in great position to take the whole divvy. :hyper:

Of course, figuring out how to score some goals would be nice.

:hi5:

I totally agree. Too bad the game tonight is PPV, and is right when I'll be running. :angry: If I had a little portable radio player thing, I'd run with that and listen while I'm out.

ladywithspinninghead 03-25-2008 05:21 PM

So if Washington, Buffalo and Florida lose tonight (all very possible considering their opponents 'cept Florida) and Toronto wins vs Boston, they'll be thisclose to making the playoffs.

Can you imagine the Leafs and the Habs playing each other in the first round?? :eek:

Thora 03-26-2008 12:09 AM

Fuck, tonight sucked. :angry:

I only heard most of the 3rd period, but it sounds like the Canucks gave up a 2 goal lead, then had some awful, stupid penalties near the end of the game. :sigh:

Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow.

LarryMullen's POPAngel 03-26-2008 07:57 AM

10 more days :drool:

elevated_u2_fan 03-26-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Past experiences still tell me there is a total collapse on the horizon...
wow, big fucking surprise here :grumpy:

fucking Leafs...

DaveC 03-26-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ThoraSEB
Fuck, tonight sucked. :angry:

I only heard most of the 3rd period, but it sounds like the Canucks gave up a 2 goal lead, then had some awful, stupid penalties near the end of the game. :sigh:

Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow.

I watched the game, and you've summed it up pretty much exactly how it went. Need a big win tonight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com