U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - The Fifth Installment (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/us-2008-presidential-campaign-debate-discussion-thread-the-fifth-installment-185074.html)

phillyfan26 03-12-2008 02:27 PM

US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - The Fifth Installment
 
Continue.

anitram 03-12-2008 02:41 PM

I wanted to comment on deep's assertion that Edwards offered the same things as Obama, if not much more.

That's just patently false. I liked Edwards, but their platforms are NOT the same. Their healthcare plans were vastly different. Furthermore, Obama is a much more corporate candidate than Edwards ever was (regardless of how he's been raising his money). I know plenty of people who vote Dem who do not think that Edwards' populist views are viable, and as a Canadian, honestly he reminded me of the NDP in a lot of ways. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, but it also has practical implications regarding what bills can actually be passed.

So I have no idea how Edwards offered a much better plan for the same things. He didn't; they were fundamentally different candidates with different priorities.

diamond 03-12-2008 03:02 PM

Edwards is an empty suit, with phonier charisma then Mitt.

Obama is a man compared to Edwards and on par with Mitt.

Edwards is a child.

dbs

anitram 03-12-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamond
Obama is a man compared to Edwards and on par with Mitt.

For the first time, I think you may be more astute than your brother.

This is certainly an argument that he should have been advancing all along if he wanted us to get behind Hillary.

diamond 03-12-2008 03:05 PM

Martina,

If you only knew us in real life..
:)

dbs

Irvine511 03-12-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamond
Edwards is an empty suit, with phonier charisma then Mitt.

Obama is a man compared to Edwards and on par with Mitt.

Edwards is a child.

dbs



now that's substance. :up:

Irvine511 03-12-2008 03:43 PM

[q]Would I want Hillary answering the red phone in the middle of the night? No, bloody not. The White House first responder should be a person of steady, consistent character and mood -- which describes Obama more than Hillary. And that scare ad was produced with amazing ineptitude. If it's 3 a.m., why is the male-seeming mother fully dressed as she comes in to check on her sleeping children? Is she a bar crawler or insomniac? An obsessive-compulsive housecleaner, like Joan Crawford in "Mommie Dearest"? And why is Hillary sitting at her desk in full drag and jewelry at that ungodly hour? A president should not be a monomaniac incapable of rest and perched on guard all night like Poe's baleful raven. People at the top need a relaxed perspective, which gives judgment and balance. Workaholism is an introspection-killing disease, the anxious disability of tunnel-vision middle managers.[/q]



oh, Professor Paglia! :love:

BVS 03-12-2008 03:49 PM

"This why McCain will be our next President kids.

Mark my words.

3/12/2007

diamondbrunothetruth."

You hated this guy just a few weeks ago, I understand supporting your side, but voting for someone who you spoke so ill of... I will never understand.

joyfulgirl 03-12-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamond
Edwards is an empty suit, with phonier charisma then Mitt.

Obama is a man compared to Edwards and on par with Mitt.

Edwards is a child.

dbs

Absurd. :down:

U2democrat 03-12-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irvine511
[q]Would I want Hillary answering the red phone in the middle of the night? No, bloody not. The White House first responder should be a person of steady, consistent character and mood -- which describes Obama more than Hillary. And that scare ad was produced with amazing ineptitude. If it's 3 a.m., why is the male-seeming mother fully dressed as she comes in to check on her sleeping children? Is she a bar crawler or insomniac? An obsessive-compulsive housecleaner, like Joan Crawford in "Mommie Dearest"? And why is Hillary sitting at her desk in full drag and jewelry at that ungodly hour? A president should not be a monomaniac incapable of rest and perched on guard all night like Poe's baleful raven. People at the top need a relaxed perspective, which gives judgment and balance. Workaholism is an introspection-killing disease, the anxious disability of tunnel-vision middle managers.[/q]



oh, Professor Paglia! :love:


That is beautiful :heart:

Let cooler heads prevail!

verte76 03-12-2008 05:02 PM

Ferraro resigns
 
I just got an email from the Obama campaign that Ferraro resigned from Hillary's campaign. Has anyone else heard this?

verte76 03-12-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamond
Edwards is an empty suit, with phonier charisma then Mitt.

Obama is a man compared to Edwards and on par with Mitt.

Edwards is a child.

dbs

Oh, diamond...........

verte76 03-12-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
"This why McCain will be our next President kids.

Mark my words.

3/12/2007

diamondbrunothetruth."

You hated this guy just a few weeks ago, I understand supporting your side, but voting for someone who you spoke so ill of... I will never understand.

I don't want McCain to be our next President! I'll be so pissed off if he gets elected!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 03-12-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by anitram
I wanted to comment on deep's assertion that Edwards offered the same things as Obama, if not much more.

That's just patently false. I liked Edwards, but their platforms are NOT the same. Their healthcare plans were vastly different. Furthermore, Obama is a much more corporate candidate than Edwards ever was (regardless of how he's been raising his money). I know plenty of people who vote Dem who do not think that Edwards' populist views are viable, and as a Canadian, honestly he reminded me of the NDP in a lot of ways. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, but it also has practical implications regarding what bills can actually be passed.

So I have no idea how Edwards offered a much better plan for the same things. He didn't; they were fundamentally different candidates with different priorities.

Obama is a corporate candidate?

U2Fanatic4ever 03-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by verte76


I don't want McCain to be our next President! I'll be so pissed off if he gets elected!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:



:no: :yell:

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com