U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Zoo Station (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/)
-   -   Doctor Who and Torchwood (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/doctor-who-and-torchwood-182582.html)

sulawesigirl4 01-29-2008 12:50 PM

The season 2 finale was awesome! In fact, that was the thing that got me hooked on the show. Even though I didn't know the whole history of what had gone on between the Doctor and Rose, it was still very accessible and engaging. I kind of think that I like Tennant a little more simply because he was the first "Doctor" that I saw in the role, but I will admit that there is something dark and edgy about Eccleston in general that is also pretty cool. I have two more episodes to watch from season 1 and then it's on to season 2.

Am I going to have to start DVR'ing Torchwood as well? *whine* lol. May as well, I suppose, and just get it over with.

skjuls 01-30-2008 09:53 AM

I forgot to DVR Torchwood and missed the opener. Good thing they play the previous week's episode before the new one!!

lazarus 01-30-2008 01:58 PM

The second episode of Torchwood, "Sleeper", was much darker than the first, and was really well written, with some difficult choices made by the team members.

This bodes well for the new season.

skjuls 01-31-2008 09:54 AM

I just received Season 1 of Torchwood on DVD yesterday! Excited as always....

:drool:

DevilsShoes 02-03-2008 03:23 AM

Hello all Who fans
Just thought I'd let you know that they've been showing trailers for the fourth season in cinema's all across the UK for the last week or so. The link below is the best that can be found, qualities not too great but it does look very exciting, sent a shiver down my spine anyway. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs

lazarus 02-03-2008 09:39 AM

^^ That was pretty damned cool.

skjuls 02-04-2008 09:03 AM

Loved both the 1st and 2nd Episodes of this season's Torchwood.

Am also loving Ianto's looks.... (you know his glances, his roll of the eyes....)

lazarus 02-04-2008 09:27 AM

They're definitely trying to make Ianto less stiff this season, which is nice.

Episode 3 was a bit of a rehash of last season's Out of Time, but still decent.

Next week looks GOOD.

sulawesigirl4 02-08-2008 09:22 PM

Still working my way through DW season 3. I just watched three absolutely FANTASTIC episodes. Human Nature/Family of Blood and Blink. Holy wow. I almost don't want to keep going for fear that the next episode(s) will be a letdown.

lazarus 02-08-2008 09:51 PM

Human Nature/Family Of Blood is probably the high point of the new series. Maybe The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances two-parter, but that wasn't as moving.

Girl in the Fireplace was great too.

Sue DeNym 02-14-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DevilsShoes
Hello all Who fans
Just thought I'd let you know that they've been showing trailers for the fourth season in cinema's all across the UK for the last week or so. The link below is the best that can be found, qualities not too great but it does look very exciting, sent a shiver down my spine anyway. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs

Thank you for posting that! :hyper:

I've been a fan since 1988. Old version, TV movie, new version, love them all. Like the Brigadier said, "Wonderful chap, all of him!"

Really, really liked Eccleston. Tennant took me a little longer to warm up to, but I'm about halfway through Series Three and am really enjoying it. Really liked The Shakespeare Code and The Lazarus Experiment (poor Doctor, always getting slapped by his companion's mother! :lol: )

skjuls 02-20-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lazarus
Human Nature/Family Of Blood is probably the high point of the new series. Maybe The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances two-parter, but that wasn't as moving.

Girl in the Fireplace was great too.

Girl in the Fireplace was the episode that got me hooked!!

lazarus 02-20-2008 03:14 PM

Torchwood is up to Episode 5, which airs tomorrow, I think. I wasn't crazy about last week's, "Adam", but I'm liking how John Barrowman is getting to stretch his acting chops more this season. I feel the high point so far is "Meat" (Episode 4), which really strengthened the bonds between everyone.

This week: A familiar face from Doctor Who joins the team!

myusernamehere 02-21-2008 07:06 AM

I get so confused by the airings of this show (BBC3, BBC2, BBCA). "Reset" with Martha was last week and this week?

Which is why I like the internets.

There are a lot of Whedonesque elements/ideas battered about. "Adam" being a slightly tweeked rewrite of a Buffy episode, Captain Spike, Jack/Angel not being able to die, ever, at all.

Given some of the spoilers I've heard, there are more parallels to come. :huh:

lazarus 02-21-2008 05:18 PM

I think I missed a week somehow. I have "Reset" (02x06) and "Dead Man Walking" (02x07) now.