U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Free Your Mind Archive (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected? (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/what-will-we-do-in-fym-when-a-democrat-gets-elected-182370.html)

MadelynIris 12-09-2007 09:26 PM

What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected?
 
Or do we have enough latency to keep bashing Bush and his admin for the next 8 years or so?

What will FYM have to talk about?

Irvine511 12-09-2007 09:27 PM

how best to repair the world from the damage wrought by the Worst President in American History (WPAH, for short).

phillyfan26 12-09-2007 09:27 PM

FYM will probably get part of its sanity back, first and foremost. That's what I'm looking forward to, anyway.

BonosSaint 12-09-2007 09:42 PM

Well, let's see, we get equal time for post Bush bashing as the Republicans got for post Clinton bashing.

Like in 2004, there will be euphoria and gnashing of teeth. Just in reverse. Perhaps there will be a Democrat version of Sting2.
2nd period of the hockey game with the net at the other end of the ice. Blood on the ice and all that. Slashing and highsticking. Unsportsmanlike conduct. You know, like usual.

Seriously, I hope we watch the new President with a close and objective eye. A short honeymoon cause he or she will have work to do.

Strongbow 12-09-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irvine511
how best to repair the world from the damage wrought by the Worst President in American History (WPAH, for short).
Reminds me of what the Dems were saying in 1988.

phillyfan26 12-09-2007 10:31 PM

Was 1988 the fifth year of a war?

Irvine511 12-09-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strongbow


Reminds me of what the Dems were saying in 1988.



i'm sure lots of things remind you of things you think you heard. :shrug:

Strongbow 12-09-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Irvine511




i'm sure lots of things remind you of things you think you heard. :shrug:

If you bother to research political campaigns sometime, you'll see that much of the exaggerated language and opinions of today have been used before.

Strongbow 12-09-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by phillyfan26
Was 1988 the fifth year of a war?
Nope, but some claimed Reagan was the worst President in history and people were stunned that someone like Reagan could actually be the President of a country. The term "rush to war" was used a couple of trillion times to describe George Bush's deployment of US troops to Saudi Arabia during the 1990-1991 Gulf Crises and War. Democrats even tried to lable the coalition that Bush Sr. assembled as not being a real coalition, and never took seriously the UN resolutions that were passed authorizing the 1991 Gulf War. The vast majority of Democrats back then actually voted against the use of military force to remove Saddam's military from Kuwait in January 1991 despite the fact that even the French had deployed troops for the operation. The Republicans got just enough Democrats for the resolution supporting Bush Sr. to pass, but Democratic stars such as John Kerry and Joe Biden said NO.

Earnie Shavers 12-09-2007 10:54 PM

'When' a Democrat gets elected? I want to know what's going to happen if another Republican somehow gets through. Their candidates this time around appear to be quite a special group of headcases - even for the Republican party.

U2democrat 12-09-2007 11:05 PM

If a Dem gets elected in '08 first will be a sense of euphoria and jubilation, then reality will set in and we'll keep a watchful eye to make sure they are doing their job right and/or well. (Doing the right thing and doing well can be two seperate things).

Irvine511 12-09-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strongbow


If you bother to research political campaigns sometime, you'll see that much of the exaggerated language and opinions of today have been used before.



if you bother to have a sense of humor, irony, and nuance about anything at all, you'll see that this thread and most of the responses are meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

you must be so much fun at parties.

Moonlit_Angel 12-10-2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BonosSaint
Well, let's see, we get equal time for post Bush bashing as the Republicans got for post Clinton bashing.
Exactly.

If a Democrat wins, I'll be very happy. But like others said, I will keep an eye on them, and hope that they do as good a job as I hope they will. And while I agree with the above quote, at the same time, I'll probably still mention my disappointment with the Bush administration from time to time when it's relevant to the discussion, but outside of that, I'll try to refrain from beating that into the ground and move on to discussing the good/bad stuff the new president does.

Angela

BVS 12-10-2007 02:35 AM

Well my question is will you stick around enough to answer the questions asked of you MadelynIris?

phillyfan26 12-10-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strongbow


Nope, but some claimed Reagan was the worst President in history and people were stunned that someone like Reagan could actually be the President of a country. The term "rush to war" was used a couple of trillion times to describe George Bush's deployment of US troops to Saudi Arabia during the 1990-1991 Gulf Crises and War. Democrats even tried to lable the coalition that Bush Sr. assembled as not being a real coalition, and never took seriously the UN resolutions that were passed authorizing the 1991 Gulf War. The vast majority of Democrats back then actually voted against the use of military force to remove Saddam's military from Kuwait in January 1991 despite the fact that even the French had deployed troops for the operation. The Republicans got just enough Democrats for the resolution supporting Bush Sr. to pass, but Democratic stars such as John Kerry and Joe Biden said NO.

Well, Bush has fucked up this war and fucked up the economy, so I have a hard time seeing any positives from what he's done.

And to say that the Dems used exxageration as if they were the only ones is laughable.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com