U2 Feedback

U2 Feedback (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/)
-   Put 'Em Under Pressure (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/)
-   -   It's a college basketball thread... (http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/its-a-college-basketball-thread-181630.html)

randhail 04-15-2008 01:14 PM

We have a coach!

Quote:

PC's press release announcing Davis

PROVIDENCE COLLEGE NAMES KENO DAVIS MEN’S BASKETBALL COACH
Now maybe we can focus on the big things like winning a big east tournament game or even making the NCAAs. :hi5:

Headache in a Suitcase 04-21-2008 12:03 PM

you should probably start with getting some players.

Headache in a Suitcase 08-20-2008 08:22 PM

ya want legal corruption in recruiting? i got your legal corruption in recruiting right here.

so yesterday st. john's announced that they signed two local AAU coaches... one of whom was fired from his last high school coaching job after his "team" showed up an hour and a half late to a state championship game mind you.

less than 24 hours later, a top nyc area recruit... who left st. raymond's in the city catholic league for a super prep in connecticut because the few rules that the city catholics actually have as far as, ya know, going to class and doing school work and all, were obviously too much to ask for this kid... signs with st. john's.

and wouldn't ya know... the kid who didn't want to go to class anymore played AAU for... drumroll... the guy who couldn't get his team to show up on time to a state championship game! :hi5: gotta love it.

zonelistener 08-20-2008 09:41 PM

Only classy people go to St. John's! :sexywink:

No spoken words 08-20-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonelistener (Post 5386346)
Only classy people go to St. John's! :sexywink:

FUCK YEAH!

zonelistener 08-20-2008 09:43 PM

you are too fast!

jphelmet 08-20-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase (Post 5386252)
ya want legal corruption in recruiting? i got your legal corruption in recruiting right here.

so yesterday st. john's announced that they signed two local AAU coaches... one of whom was fired from his last high school coaching job after his "team" showed up an hour and a half late to a state championship game mind you.

less than 24 hours later, a top nyc area recruit... who left st. raymond's in the city catholic league for a super prep in connecticut because the few rules that the city catholics actually have as far as, ya know, going to class and doing school work and all, were obviously too much to ask for this kid... signs with st. john's.

and wouldn't ya know... the kid who didn't want to go to class anymore played AAU for... drumroll... the guy who couldn't get his team to show up on time to a state championship game! :hi5: gotta love it.

happens a lot every year. aau coaches have become, agents of sorts for hs players, and they use it to further their own careers. a&m hired deandre jordan's aau coach last year. the guy wasn't a total sleeze, and actually a pretty good coach, but it still looks really questionable at best.

something needs to be done the way aau is run. recruiting in all major d1 sports, is about as sleezy as it gets.

Headache in a Suitcase 08-24-2008 10:44 AM

yea i know it happens all over the place... but this one was especially ridiciulous for me because i happen to know the guy who got the job and he's a complete boob.

Headache in a Suitcase 09-11-2008 12:29 PM

rick pitino sat in on our pre-season workout yesterday. that was pretty nifty.

thetitans2k 09-11-2008 01:41 PM

Where you do work?

Headache in a Suitcase 09-11-2008 07:00 PM

long island lutheran.